Digi dash to analog....

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
I have never liked the digital dash, so i decided to change it to analog. I purchased an analog one, my problem is i don't know how to identify which model supra it came from. The guy who sold it to me said he thought it was a MA70. I herd somewhere i while ago that the loom is different between the Ma70,Ga70 and JZA70. Is there a way to identify the dash? ,has anyone done this conversion and is it possible to use my existing loom and speedo cable? I never got one with the dash. Any help much appreciated

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
Here are a few pics i took with my cellphone

Attachments

• dash1.jpg
    dash1.jpg
    411.2 KB · Views: 17
  • dash2.jpg
    dash2.jpg
    279.2 KB · Views: 28
  • dash3.jpg
    dash3.jpg
    188.2 KB · Views: 14

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
The loom is different, at least at the gauge end. I'm not sure if you can just purchase the loom, tear out the dash, and replace it.

I suspect it needs a different fuel sending unit as well, from the research I've done to convert the other way around - analog to digital. I can check the speedo cable for you later, I have both at home.

Hey, can you do me a favour, and take some pics when you're taking the digital dash out? I'd really like to know how the speedo cable pickup connects to the dash part...

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
You have it much easier doing the digital to analog swap than the opposite I had to do. Go to Toyota and buy the 3 correct female plugs and 3 analog dash male plugs to make a jumper harness so you don't hack up your body harness. Remove the speed sensor, swap fuel level sensors, plug in your jumper harness and you're done.

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
Thanks everyone for your fast reply's:icon_bigg I will start working on it today, ill post up some pics of my progress later on

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
Well i got the dash out didn't take very long about 5 minutes. The pictures are not the best (Cell Phone camera). Hopefully i will get the plugs from Toyota tomorrow.

Attachments

• d3.jpg
    d3.jpg
    262.5 KB · Views: 13
  • d4.jpg
    d4.jpg
    320 KB · Views: 12
  • d5.jpg
    d5.jpg
    301 KB · Views: 10
  • d6.jpg
    d6.jpg
    438.9 KB · Views: 14
  • d8.jpg
    d8.jpg
    272.3 KB · Views: 19
Last edited:

Nomad707

Im From The Bay
Mar 14, 2007
Santa Rosa, California
i'd cut my own pinkey finger off, and eat it raw, for a LHD digidash

PS looked at my cluster vs. yours and its WAY different.. so i really dont even know where i'd start

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
See that little speed sensor on the end of the speedo cable? Is it plugged back into the dash loom? Or did it have a plug that goes directly to the gauge package?

Nomad, I have 2. :)

I'm missing one plug, though. Wonder if I can still get one from Toyota...

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
GrimJack;1176980 said:
Is it plugged back into the dash loom? Or did it have a plug that goes directly to the gauge package?

It goes back to the loom no direct plug. I will take some pics today. Does anyone know if the wiring is the same for digi dash and analog...i cant find any wiring diagrams for the digi dash

Last edited:

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
Heres a better pic of the tach, have been thinking about the boost gauge but i wasn't that worried as i have an aftermarket one where the cigarette lighter was. What is redline for the turbo dash? Also attached some pics of the speed sensor, you can see how it is attached to the wiring harness with that little plug

Attachments

• d9.jpg
    d9.jpg
    150.5 KB · Views: 5
  • ss1.jpg
    ss1.jpg
    264.9 KB · Views: 8
  • ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    242 KB · Views: 6

zolpix

Supra in the making...
Jul 19, 2008
New Zealand
RazoE;1177445 said:
Never seen a redline that low in a Supra.
I was sure its from a 7m, looking over some analog dash wiring diagrams the MA70 plugs are different than from GA70\JZA70 which are pretty much identical (i probably read them wrong lol) im going to have to do more research to find out what car my dash came from