differential spool info search

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
hey everyone im looking into making a spool for our 7.5 rears (or scavenging one from another car that will work)
im looking for the spline count for our axles and the bolt number for our ring gear
thanks

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
Bigdough666;1657053 said:
Jawsgear makes a spool for our car, just FYI

thats not what he said when i called him
he said that no one makes one and that he made a single unit but sold it with the car it was on and that there were no more.
said that there really wasnt enough intrest in them to produce them

Bigdough666

Picture Me Rollin
Apr 4, 2005
Corpus Christi, TX
taka21;1662433 said:
thats not what he said when i called him
he said that no one makes one and that he made a single unit but sold it with the car it was on and that there were no more.
said that there really wasnt enough intrest in them to produce them

That's probably true, doubt there many MK3s that would run a full spool. He told me about it because I stated I was building up my car for drag racing but my car still sees the street so no spool for me.

taka21

Feb 16, 2008
washington dc
Bigdough666;1663302 said:
That's probably true, doubt there many MK3s that would run a full spool. He told me about it because I stated I was building up my car for drag racing but my car still sees the street so no spool for me.

im rockin a welded diff right now and its really not bad for street use, you just have to be aware of how the rear will react in all driving conditions and drive accordingly