Different BOV's

b4ublink

Nov 23, 2008
nyc
JDMMA70;1213011 said:
running a GReddy Type S here i love the sound of it its pretty loud when i let off enough to get people to turn and look.

yup i love it also!!!i hade an hks and when my boy came thru with with his supra with the greddy bov i said i have to get it:love:.sound excellent.

pgiller

Boost addict
Sep 16, 2008
Licking MO
I have a BLITZ bov, and it works great. If i run it hard and let off its a loud whoosh but lower boost sh sh sh sh sh sound. I like it

alloyguitar

it's legal, i swear...
Mar 30, 2005
knoxville, tennessee
I have an ssqv (hks) at the moment, but I'm pretty sure I'm going to ditch it for a synapse synchronic. All i've heard is good things about them...

...and operation should be all that you're concerned about when purchasing a BOV. Not sound. I purchased the ssqv because it was simple (didn't require too much adjustment as many do) and I got a deal on it that was well within my price range.

Of course, I had an RFL before that, which I hated.

The more you modify your car, the less you care about "sound" and more you care about performance.

At least, that's my opinion, anyway.

foreverpsycotic

Back in the game!
Jul 16, 2006
ATL
Crushed 1g here, nothin like a $25 blow off valve. If it surges, I will either add a 2nd, or put on the freddy Type-R I have.

sai_supra1jz

Eat. Sleep. Boost.
Sep 12, 2008
CenCal, Ca
Wills7MGTE;1214092 said:
Tial's are pretty good, I also like the HKS SSQV (Thats what I am running, no issues with it, ive heard the hong kong sport knockoff however is a POS so if u go this route buy the actual HKS one) the HKS racing BOV is great too if you're on higher boost.

Whatever you do do not buy the RFL BOV it sounds horrible and leaks boost like mad, a 240 in town has one on his sr20 and its a total POS

I have the RFL BOV and I like it. It sounds very nice and aggressive and doesn't leak any boost at all. It is one of the loudest in the market.