Differences in safc's

lewis15498

Don't blame ebay cheapass
Sep 28, 2008
Raynham, Massachusetts, United States
MAFT Pro unit will run you 400 bills. You will need additional things like a MAP sensor to go speed density. You can buy directly from their website.
http://www.maftpro.com/tproinfo.shtml
IIRC suprasport had a kit with everything you need to go speed density, the MAFT Pro itself, and a wideband for like 750, but based on some of the feedback they have gotten around here, I personally wouldnt buy from them. I guess the best answer is to shop around.

suprahilux

ULTRA Lurker
Jun 12, 2007
conroe, texas
airhead may be on to something here. If you are planning to go 2jz na-t, the safc would not have timing control to adjust out the na's advanced timing. So you would have to dump money on a tt engine harness and computer to use the safc. A maft pro can be used to control timing, but they are a bit harder to use when adjusting an oem na config. A standalone would give you everything you need now and then.

On the other hand, a standalone is hard to use and very expensive. If you have no tuning experience you can either pay someone else to do it, or learn to tune on something else first.

So moving along... I suppose you should get a safc(doesn't really matter which one) for your current setup and plan your next setup to incorporate a little more tuning control. You will have a chance to learn the basics of tuning before diving head first into something too complicated. The money spent now may keep you from spending it on someone tuning later. Most everything you need to know to start tuning a safc is online and even on this forum. Read everything you can about tuning, not just the safc, but others as well.

I would stay away from na electronics with a turbo. Bad combination.

Boosted516

Supramano
Apr 13, 2008
Long Island, NY
suprahilux;1487034 said:
airhead may be on to something here. If you are planning to go 2jz na-t, the safc would not have timing control to adjust out the na's advanced timing. So you would have to dump money on a tt engine harness and computer to use the safc. A maft pro can be used to control timing, but they are a bit harder to use when adjusting an oem na config. A standalone would give you everything you need now and then.

On the other hand, a standalone is hard to use and very expensive. If you have no tuning experience you can either pay someone else to do it, or learn to tune on something else first.

So moving along... I suppose you should get a safc(doesn't really matter which one) for your current setup and plan your next setup to incorporate a little more tuning control. You will have a chance to learn the basics of tuning before diving head first into something too complicated. The money spent now may keep you from spending it on someone tuning later. Most everything you need to know to start tuning a safc is online and even on this forum. Read everything you can about tuning, not just the safc, but others as well.

I would stay away from na electronics with a turbo. Bad combination.

i would use 7m-gte electronics, but its getting me thinking about using maft pro. yea i defintly need to learn to tune before jumping into it. and if i had enough money to go standalone id probably just go 2jz-gte.