difference between 46 trim & 60-1

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
you sure you dont have a 56 trim? anyways, I had the 60-1 in my ct-26 7m. that thing was FAST. tires spun in 1st, 2nd and were making noise in 3rd. it was FAST. i ran about 18 psi, never did dyno it though. trust me, you WILL enjoy it. and thier was almost NO lag!

Ckanderson

Supramania Contributor
Apr 1, 1983
The beach
I had it for around 2k, then sold it. When I sold it it had almost zero shaft play. Some other guy is running it now, and hasnt had any problems. The turbo that has problems is the 62-1 that's getting really big. The 60-1 is a proven upgrade, and while it might not last as long as a 57 trim, it will certainly (unless it isn't built right) last past 10k. In the end though, your wisest choice is a full t04 setup. They have bigger shafts and will last a LONG time.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
alot of it has to do with where you get the turbo rebuilt too...

-shaeff

ma71supraturbo

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Redding, CA
www.geocities.com
YoNkErS87t said:
i heard that turbos with 60-1 trim only last around 10,000miles and then need a rebuild

Mine lasted 20,000 miles. I certainly would not expect a full life from an upgraded CT26, but it is also a lot of turbo for little money. I'm sure having it rebuilt perfectly would help (mine had some minor shaft play when I got it back, but I've been religious with maintainence)

B

Boostaddctn

Ckanderson said:
I had it for around 2k, then sold it. When I sold it it had almost zero shaft play. Some other guy is running it now, and hasnt had any problems. The turbo that has problems is the 62-1 that's getting really big. The 60-1 is a proven upgrade, and while it might not last as long as a 57 trim, it will certainly (unless it isn't built right) last past 10k. In the end though, your wisest choice is a full t04 setup. They have bigger shafts and will last a LONG time.

:rolleyes:

Lurch

You rang?
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxvegas
Those that had their turbos rebuilt/upgraded, where did you have it done? And Ckanderson, what fuel mods were you running?

DrakeMK3

"The Duck"
Mar 30, 2005
Knoxville, TN
I'm glad you brought up these questions because I am considering a used 60-1 upgraded CT and it looks like my mind can be a little more at ease, especially since I know the person I would be getting it from.

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
the problem is that Trims and wheel diameters rarely correlate. you can have a 100 trim wheel but only a 46mm inducer. or i could have a 40 trim wheel with a 76mm inducer.

i would go for whatever one has a physically larger wheel. larger wheel has larger blades. larger blades can move more air. more air means more junk.