differant oil leak location

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
so to the left of the dip stick hole, there seems to be a bolt missing. im believing oil is coming out of that as its wet around the whole area.
but its wierd because it seems as if the only way a bolt would come of that is to take the motor mount off. i never messed with the motor mount.
the bolt that is missing is between the mount and the block next to the dip stick hole.
it may also be coming out of the turbo oil hose. to the right of the dipstick.
sorry cant really take a good pic. this is the best ive got.
p1839698_1.jpg

p1839698_2.jpg

Last edited:

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
im leaning more towards the oil hose. i took it off and it was pretty wet by it. looks as if the gasket was bad..as of right now i have to rtv the 2spots where the block and hg meets. so ill let you know.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
its your oil hose gasket, on your engine. lift up your car undo the mounts use a engine stand to lift the engine and remove your engine mount next to the turbo. youll see it clear as day.

mcammarn

matt
Feb 24, 2012
olympia wa
yea it was that. i undid the whole exhaust side. had to because i had to get to the headgasket for something differant. thanks for the help

bioskyline

Oct 21, 2010
powell river bc
that missing bolt is on the motormount, so wont be oil there. the stock drains suck, they work fine till you touch it, then leak. id recomend a ss braided soft hose kit. makes install in the car so much easier.

Maple191

Mar 21, 2012
Toronto
Before you put it back to gether make shure you scrape the old gasket off 100%, other wise it will leak agian. Use a razor blade by itself or even a headgasket removal tool works great. The hardest spots are around the studs.