Did toyota ever fix that?

demolisher

Apr 16, 2005
Medicine hat alberta
I am just wondering about the newer supras(89-92) and was wondering if toyota ever fixed the bhg or anything. I was reading the faq and year to year changes and im assuming they didnt. I see a red 92 turbo on canadatrader with 200 000kms on it and im thinking if i get that, i should swap the headgasket for another oem gasket with arp studs torqued to 90 ft-lbs. That should be good for around 15 lbs of boost right?
Help a noob out!
thanks

turbomk3

Apr 1, 2005
i have a 91 with 126k miles and stock hg and i boost mine up to 14lbs all the time sand still fine!

rakkasan

Currahee!!
Mar 31, 2005
Fort Campbell, KY
demolisher said:
I see, so it would be okay to do what grimjack did if i only boosted to around 15 lbs?

It's a crap shoot. Turn up the boost if you feel froggy, but don't be suprised if you blow it. I up'd my boost to 8psi shortly after buying my 89, BHG the next day.

demolisher

Apr 16, 2005
Medicine hat alberta
I know but I heard that u have to take out the engine to mill it with a metal one?
With composite u can just take off the head.
Rakkasan, what i meant was not to run the stock headgasket on 15psi but to replace it with another oem headgasket torqued with arp studs to around 90ft-lbs.

doom26464

Research...research
Mar 31, 2005
Saskatoon SK, Canada
www.cardomain.com
im kinda curious on this as well. As i upped my boost to 8psi and now I have a bhg. I want to go with an OEM one with arp studs/bolts at 80lbs. Then once thats done I would only put the boost at 10 psi.

90 seems rather high isn't it??

joeyd161

El Jefé
Apr 18, 2005
Schaumburg,IL
dont mean to high jack the thread but are the arp bolts/studs the same for the 7mge & 7mgte because ive looked around and no one has a listing the the 7mge

gixxer750

2jzget comingsoon!
Mar 30, 2005
Mississippi
You guys are never going to believe this.....but....(with this engine)

My current setup is up to 18 psi on a 57 trim with a stock intercooler. I am running toyota original head bolts torqued to 74 ft lbs on a felpro head gasket. Not new head bolts, but the original head bolts. My other 7m had rod knock, so out it came for a while....lol This engine has been running like this just fine for about 5k miles.

Would I recomend doing it? No.....