Diablo 3

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
Saw it. Meh. The starcraft universe > diablo, which > warcraft. I am the biggest blizzard nutswinger out there, but they have to fucking just release games without waiting 10 years...

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
CryoSlash;1064281 said:
Saw it. Meh. The starcraft universe > diablo, which > warcraft. I am the biggest blizzard nutswinger out there, but they have to fucking just release games without waiting 10 years...

If they did it'd end up like Dungeon Siege 2.... and suck. I'd rather wait and have em do it right. Still waiting to see what my "beta key" is from going to blizzcon last year. Damn them for keeping me waiting!

Mr.PFloyd

I am the Super Devil
Jun 22, 2005
Mississauga, Ontario
drunk_medic;1064561 said:
Fixed for you.

You fail. And i will own you in any of the 3 mentioned games :)
Oh and saying them "to do it right" by taking 10 years is just wrong. Look at almost every other successful franchise. Games every 3 years or so. Is that so hard?

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
CryoSlash;1064678 said:
Oh and saying them "to do it right" by taking 10 years is just wrong. Look at almost every other successful franchise. Games every 3 years or so. Is that so hard?

WoW is their cash cow. The reason Warcraft owns the other games is because there is more actual story, lore to go behind the game. The story is interesting without the game, really; the games just put visuals to go with it all. Diablo had this as well, just not so much of it. Starcraft has very little, and is a clone of all of the other RTS games of the time.

Beating me in a RTS that I haven't played in 10 years? That is quite a feat. :icon_roll

I'd like to see you take my Rogue in WoW, even equipped in PvE gear.

tlo86

Ninja Editor 'Since 05'
Jul 24, 2005
Colorado
Meh at WoW. im an everquest 2 player ;) much better game imho was quite refreshing after quitting wow. but either way i had fun until i hit the highest level. too easy to level in that game.

but either way i love diablo and 3 looks amazing i cant wait. i never got into starcraft...

Murd

Dec 19, 2006
Vancouver, WA.
CryoSlash;1064678 said:

Half Life 1 to Half Life 2 was 6 years.
Diablo 1 to 2 was 4 years.
Diablo 2 to announced Diablo 3 is 7 years.

Good things come to those who wait.

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Gimme one great franchise that came out with a new game in three years that wasn't a buggy POS that downright shamed the game before it...

Poodles

I play with fire
Jul 22, 2006
Fort Worth, TX
Halo is a HORRIBLE series.

Look at Halo 2 and all the graphical glitches and bugs it has. It should have never shipped in the shape it was in.

Quin

Trans killer
Dec 5, 2006
Columbus, IN
Let's go with Mario, they pumped those out relatively quickly. Pokemon is another example, as is Sonic or Zelda, but all of them are basically the same games.

The Halo series is a fucking joke. Halo 2s engine had way too many easily exploitable glitches (BXR, BXB, Double Shot, Quad Shot, super bounces, networking system, etc) and, as said before, should have never shipped. Halo 3 is complete shit. The melee system BLOWS, the hit detection system BLOWS, there is WAY too much auto aim with the sniper, the BR is broken (while it does behave more realistically now, with the way the other weapons are set up, that is completely ridiculous. If you don't believe me, go play a Team BR match on Epitath in double team, and don't touch the rockets or the shotgun), grenades are broken, splash damage is basically just a light show, the whole power up bullshit is completely ridiculous, moving with certain weapons equipped is ridiculous (okay, so a Spartan can flip over a tank with their bare hands, but they can't run at a normal speed carrying a 100lb turret/flamethrower?), the camo and overshield are both shitty now, the sword is completely useless, the shotgun is completely trashed beyond 2 feet away (just keep making it more unrealistic as the series progresses), the needlers are completely garbage (this may sound dumb, but a skilled double team player from Halo 2 knows what I'm talking about), the plasma pistol is broken... I could probably write a five page paper on everything wrong with Halo 3. The main problem with the whole series stems from the fact that they basically replaced the whole team for every game.

Also, Blizzard makes wayyy too much money. Think about it, $15 a month from 10 MILLION people for what, three years? Four years? Plus all the expansion money and the character transfers, and some of those people have multiple accounts... That's not even mentioning Diablo or Starcraft.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
CryoSlash;1064853 said:
Halo.
Oh and WoW is the single gayest thing on the planet.

I think you're just pissed because Blizzard was smart enough to throw money into WoW and two expansions instead of developing your precious StarCrap sequel.