DH61 help

fast 7m

track forged son!!!!!
Apr 19, 2007
portland
www.trackforged.com
I have read the thread for doing sequential ignition and upgraded my ignitor to a dh61. I am using the same phasing figure as funky cheese's build and have the coil wired up as wasted spark for a 2jz set up. The phasing is coil 1 .5 coil 2 4.5 and coil 3 8.5 . I have followed the direction to a tee, and my car still won't go into boost without hasitattion. does anyone experience this or am i a exception. any ideas ?

thnaks for your input
Dave

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
I jave the DH61 upgrade and it is working well for my
I am boosting at 25 psi o a public road with no problems
first , you mast to set the ECU timing correctly at cero using a stroboscopy lamp and then if all wires are well connected it may work well

my set up is
ign phasing 0
ign thoot 1 -- 0.50
ign thoot 2 -- 4.50
ign thoot 3 -- 8.50

I had a problem with the wires color because in my Supra the 4 wires plug colors are different than the ones he sey and on the DH61 plug , it have two wires with the same colors ... and I made the mystake with those.
maybe the coils are not well conected?? it is running well with out boost?

if you want to send me your map or if you want my map.... my email is on my profile

---------- Post added at 04:22 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:16 PM ----------

and it is not a "sequential" ignition upgrade
it is a upgrade ignition to remove the old multiplexer system

but remeber one thing.... the ignition phassing is to "set" the ECU timing and engine into the same firing point and you can set it on the CONFIGURE- ECU SETUP...

fast 7m

track forged son!!!!!
Apr 19, 2007
portland
www.trackforged.com
i have no timng error on my aem, I have a smooth idle. so i think my wiring is correct. My pahsing number is the same as yours. The car runs good without boost through some of fisrt gear. its when i get into heavy load I have a problem with hesitation. Is the weirdest thing. Is like the car is resisting to go into boost or firing in wrong order

thanks for your imput
dave

---------- Post added at 05:41 PM ---------- Previous post was at 05:34 PM ----------

i think I am seting up my aem timing incorecctly . The car does not want to go into boost smoothly. I get alot of hesitation as soon as load is applied,but the car free revs beatifully up to 7k

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
did you change the spark plug??
with heat grade are you using?
did you change the spark plug wires?
are you running with the lambda on?
can you record or log one or two runs and post it here?
it could be a broken pipe?

also check the vacum pipe to the FPR
and if is possible to check the fuel pressure under load.. do you have a fuel press clock?

---------- Post added at 03:08 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:54 PM ----------

send me your email and I will email you my map
I have 680 cc precions
3,5 bar AEM
running at 2,8 bar with vacumm coneccted of Fuell press
you will need to chage the injector and fuel presure over the fuel map with the rigth botton and set the throtle to start it with my map.
or tell me your engine details and I will send you a map for.

fast 7m

track forged son!!!!!
Apr 19, 2007
portland
www.trackforged.com
I am using the same phasing number you as well . the car fires up ,but it spits and back fire in the intake manifold which is sign that coil is firing in the wrong order . I am sure everything is wired up correctly,but I need to know if need to change something to make the car fire up smoother before tuning

josbeat

Supramania Contributor
Jul 31, 2010
spain
when I tryed to move the cam positionsensor on my car it did the same.. misfiring into the intake, but when I get it correctly.... perfect

Funkycheeze

Grease Monkey
Jul 3, 2009
Calgary
He told me in PM that once it actually starts, it runs fine. If the phasing was off it would only run on 2 or 4 cylinders, so no smooth idle.

I told him to check the static timing.