DFW Meet Oct. 28

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
I am reposting this for Matt (Gottoyota?). This is copy and pasted from SF...

"I'm setting up another meet for the 28th of October, which is a Saturday. The meet will be at the Grapevine Mills mall, and we'll be meeting at the back of the Neiman Marcus parking lot, there's tons of space in the back. We will meet up at around 7 PM, hang out for a little while, then go into the mall to eat (my choice is Rainforest Cafe, but if you guys want something else, we can decide. But wherever we eat, we need a set # of people to accomodate the needed number of tables). Afterwards, we can either go to Gameworks to have some fun, or we can go on a cruise, but someone will need to make a route, or we can just do whatever. I'd like to have a decent turnout this time, since it isn't located in the middle of nowhere . Hope to see you guys there.

Cliff notes
What: DFW Meet
When: Saturday October 28th, 7 PM
Where: Grapevine Mills mall, back of Neiman Marcus parking lot
Why: We haven't had a meet in awhile, so it should be fun

-Matt"

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
That's fairly close to me. I'm getting the engine swapped next week and hope to have it back by Friday. What's the turnout typically been? I will be there if my car is out of the shop.

Forgot to ask if us non turbo drivers are invited also?

angrydrone

I'm a real Canadian
Mar 11, 2006
Ft. Worth/College Station
There are usually around 10 people. I think its great that they are kinda small so we have a chance to talk to everyone. And non turbos are most certainly invited. Its cool if anyone comes, supra or not, as long as they are not a ricer.

Chris

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
angrydrone said:
There are usually around 10 people. I think its great that they are kinda small so we have a chance to talk to everyone. And non turbos are most certainly invited. Its cool if anyone comes, supra or not, as long as they are not a ricer.

Chris

Cool. Taking the car to the shop tomorrow to get the engine swapped so hopefully will be ready by Friday. If it is I'll be there, hell I may just show up in my Chevy truck if it ain't ready yet.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
GotToyota? said:
I doubt you'll be ready by Saturday. But I hope to see you there in a Supra or not.

-Matt

They said to give five days. They took a used engine with the harness and all out of another supra and will swap it with mine. I'm crossing my fingers this will be a good engine. The head on it looks new.:x:

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
When I'm not at work at the fire dept, I'm on call for an air ambulance service out of Fort Worth and I got called in for a flight tomorrow so I don't know if I'll be back in time for the get together. BTW my car is not ready like they said it would be. I popped in today to check it out and they still haven't pulled the knocking motor out of mine yet. Damn!!!

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
GotToyota? said:
The meet turned out pretty nicely. Are you the one with the powder blue MK3?

-Matt

No mine is gray with burgundy interior, non turbo. I wasn't able to make it due to the car was still being in the shop and I went on a medical flight. Sorry I missed it. I may try to make the Austin one though on the 11th.