Desperate need of C's help

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok so I have a c's shifter here and I'm trying to put it in, but it seems to be geting hung on the factory pegs inside the shifter hole, does anyone have any experience with this shifter that can help me? If I pick up on the shifter slightly and hold it up it shifts fine so I know the problem is those pegs but idk if I'm missing a part or if I just have Bo idea how to do this, anyone please help

giterboosted

cure for the common rice
Nov 3, 2007
toccoa ga
Ok so apparently I'm missing the two semi circles that go under it in the seat and hold it up, I know Its a stretch but anyone have these that I can get off u? Or maybe get the measurements and make my own?

Sawbladz

Supramania Contributor
Mar 14, 2006
Oshawa, ON, CA
Are you talking about the bushing that goes in the bottom of the shifter socket? Not too familiar with the C's shifter but I would imagine that it uses the stock bushing in this location. Pictures would help your cause.

gofastgeorge

Banned
Jan 24, 2008
Texas
I have the dimensions, if you want to machine them yourself, as I have made several sets of them over the years.

Start off making an aluminum sleeve, 41mm OD, 28mm ID, and 18mm long.
Then put it in a mill, and cut 2 slots down each side 6mm wide, and 180 degrees apart (1 slot per side).
This will effectively make it two pieces.