Desperate for a supra expert near philly!!

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
hey guys im having some big problems that i cant seem to figure out. after my car gets cold i go to try and start it, after a little while of cranking it starts and idles fine, after about 5 mins of just idling the rpm gauge will start jumping around all over and the car will start to miss and causes the car to stall. Right after the car stalls if i try to restart it the temp gauge goes pin up and the car doesn't start. In order for me to get the car started again i have to let it cool down for about an hour.

ive changed the ECU, ISCV, CPS, checked TPS, and all coolant sensors, efi injector switch is brand new.

I did have a MAF Translator on the car and now i put the stock AFM back on but my battery is dead so its charging now after the charge ill try starting it with the AFM....any help is greatly appreciated!

Thanks, Azem

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
i took the maft out and put the afm and stock ecu back in but i have 3 ecus at my house and i think the one i just had in the car was the bad one i tried to start it and the ecu started to make funny noises when i was cranking the motor......but i just got my wisdom teeth pulled and i dont have the patience to sit outside and change my ecu lol.....hopefully tomorrow ill feel good enough to try it again!

no codes cuz the car isnt getting started haha

Thanks for all your help guys, Azem

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
i mean because i changed the ecu i lost all the codes.... because once the ecu get disconnected the codes will go away right?

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
yes i tried it again in stock form with the AFM and the car is cranking but no start....one thing im thinking it could be is when i re-wired the afm harness back on i could of mixed up the 2 brown wires (there brown or green im color blind as shit) but i no when my tuner wired up the maft he said there both the same color (its the first and last wire on the afm harness) and since its nice out today when i get home im gonna switch the 2 wires and hopefully get it started!!

Thanks, Azem

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
north/northeast. both brown ones are ground.
You need to cut it down to either fuel or spark, check if your getting them...def. seems like a wiring problem. I'd test for spark to start it off and then work my way down. What part of philly are you in?

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
im pretty sure its just wiring because it just started happening out of no where it wasnt like after i did some engine work or suttin haha...if your near NE im like 2 min from neshaminy mall....is your supra red??

djazem1

Nov 12, 2007
philly
closer to rt.1... hey man i dont want to bother you but what is your schedule like on sundays? i was wondering if maybe you can drop by and take a look at my car maybe you'll catch something i missed...i mean from what i see your allot more experienced than i am.

Thanks, Azem

empera

Authorized Vendor
Mar 30, 2005
Philly.
sure i'd be able to come down sunday if nothing comes up, today i would but im helping a friend with his car and working on mine. PM with ur number