Definitive Difference Between 7MGE & 7MGTE Oil Pumps?

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
So a search shows me...

1) There is a difference in Toyota part numbers, and
2) The pump body is longer on the gte pump due to longer gears, and more pumping volume.

If you don't have one of each to compare body length, and you have an Aisin pump that you got from somewhere other than Toyota, how can you say for sure which one you have?

What are the specific lengths? What is going to be different in the markings or numbers on the pumps?

This is why I ask... http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71809

So which is it?

Last edited:

Shytheed Dumas

For Sale
Mar 6, 2006
Louisville, KY
There's no way to tell if the oil pump in this thread is suitable for a GTE?

http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=71809

Anybody?

I wonder how many of the freshly rebuilt RK's were due, at least somewhat, to using a ge pump in a gte if it's that hard to tell them apart?

Jeff Lange and IJ both make a pretty strong argument that they are different in this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=39755&highlight=difference+between+oil+pump, but outside of having both pumps side by side, I do not see any way to say for sure which is which and I want to kill this deal if it's not a GTE friendly pump. Comments, please.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
They are 100% different there's no grey area about this.

I don't have a pump out of a motor to measure sorry.

"blue" usually denotes GE parts though.

GTE is orange/brown.

supraguru05

Offical SM Expert: Suspension & Vehicle Dynamic
SM Expert
Dec 16, 2005
louisville ky
im pulling a ge pump out of my car next week and replaceing it with a gte pump ill answer this question when i do it. my gte pump is on order with jay marks it appears it might be back ordered

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
I have been unable to locate a true GTE pump from any major aftermarket suppliers (Clevite/Melling etc). Being that it came from Advance Auto I am going to say it isnt a GTE pump.

AJ'S 88NA

Jul 26, 2007
Florida
Kckazdude;1020203 said:
I have been unable to locate a true GTE pump from any major aftermarket suppliers (Clevite/Melling etc). Being that it came from Advance Auto I am going to say it isnt a GTE pump.

Toga makes what they call a high volume pump, I believe it is a GTE pump. The housings are different sizes to accomadate the larger gears on the GTE from what I seen. I have a stock GE pump somewere I can dig out and check the size for you if that would help?

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Heh, I might have to swap in a GTE oil pump just to see how high I can get my pressure...

trydrew

Suprafied
Nov 4, 2005
Earth
I have a gte pump laying around that i can measure.

Edit: Ok, the "slave" gear in the pump that was on my original gte engine has a radius of about 19mm and the a height of about 37mm. The caliper I used isn't the best, but what i've come up with should be enough to show how different the pumps are. Also the driven gear apears to be very similar in size.

Dang this thing seems smaller then I though it was. lol

Last edited:

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
trydrew;1022527 said:
Ok, the "slave" gear in the pump that was on my original gte engine has a radius of about 19mm and the a height of about 37mm. The caliper I used isn't the best, but what i've come up with should be enough to show how different the pumps are. Also the driven gear apears to be very similar in size.

Dang this thing seems smaller then I though it was. lol

I will measure mine tonight and see if the results are matching. Thank for your help..... BTW which gear is the slave?

88YotaTurbo

Feb 26, 2006
Wolcott, Ct.
sm_photo_missing.jpg