Defi link install on 1j questions

thesupragod

Supramania Contributor
Apr 10, 2005
Mount Vernon, Ohio
Im going to start this defi link install on my 1j within the week, and i was just wondering if anyone has installed this system on a 1j, i need a little advice. Where do i install the sensors? Boost and egt wont be a problem, and i believe that i can take care of the oil temp and oil pressure with my oil cooler setup (in the thermostat correct me if im wrong) but the water temp seems like it may be difficult. Is there an easy place to put it?

JustinGotA1j

Jan 28, 2007
Chilliwack
I see most people putting the water temp sensor in the upper rad hose on 1jz's. This is where I put mine as well and it works great for me.

annoyingrob

Boosted member
Jul 5, 2006
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
If you have a JZA70 rad, or a koyo rad, and aren't putting in a hydro fan, install the sensor in the hydro fan temp sensor bung on the bottom of the rad.

Alternatively, remove the upper water neck, and drill and tap a hole. It's easily removed, is fairly thick, and aluminum. Makes it pretty easy.

SupraClaou

Supramania Contributor
Sep 1, 2006
Athens,Greece
JustinGotA1j;1066361 said:
I see most people putting the water temp sensor in the upper rad hose on 1jz's. This is where I put mine as well and it works great for me.

Yeah I got it over there also!
The upper rad hose has the hottest water temperature.And the lower
rad hose has the coolest water temp...Is that right?
Now in the summer with hot outside temperatures when you push the supra
a little harder harder (not racing) what temperatures do you see?
And give me your oil temp also if you got any...

I got 92' C to 104 'C for the water temp.
And 96'C to 108' C for the oil temp.
Outside temps about 35' degrees Celcious.

I am at BPU (2jzgte) mode with stock new MA70 radiator,mechanical 2jz fan
and stock 2jz oil cooler.New thermostat,pump,hoses,rad cap and red coolant
from Toyota.
But DAMN...under the hood is getting very hot :aigo:

P.S. I got a big front mount IC which I think it blocks a quite amount of fresh air,and I don't have any secondary electric (condenser/AC fan) fan in use!
The stock twin fans did not fit with the 2jz setup and couldn't use them :icon_mad: