Decided to paint my interior

bmoss85

Permanently Banned Scammer
Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Well, I really want to get rid of the blue interior. I've decided to go with a flat black. Here's the first peice I've done so far. The dash is all I had time to do today. Hopefully I can do some more tomorrow.

Before
p1415557_1.jpg

p1415557_2.jpg

After
p1415557_3.jpg

p1415557_4.jpg

The worst part was when the nozzle got stuck on the spray can and sprayed out the rest of the paint.

89supraa

Jul 20, 2009
milwaukee
I also did this a couple months ago. Used the same paint, and so far it is holding up great,everybody compliments on how it looks like factory.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
89supraa;1415645 said:
I also did this a couple months ago. Used the same paint, and so far it is holding up great,everybody compliments on how it looks like factory.

Have you had any fading from the sun?

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
bmoss85;1415668 said:
Have you had any fading from the sun?

The sun usually makes you darker.

Looks good, but it kills my heart to see a blue interior painted black........:biglaugh:

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
suprahero;1415687 said:
The sun usually makes you darker.

Looks good, but it kills my heart to see a blue interior painted black........:biglaugh:

blue is my favorite color, but i've always wanted a black interior. I may leave some blue in there somewhere just not sure yet.

starscream5000;1415888 said:
Are you going to clear coat it?

I don't know if I need to. I don't want it to be too glossy. Do they make a flat clear or something?

mk3design

The Name is Snakes
Jul 1, 2006
Arizona
You can buy flat clears... but I dont know that you need to... Ive never heard of anyone using clear on this type of paint.

Looks good, I did my old dash awhile ago, just need to swap it in my new car

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Txsupra;1416237 said:
Love flat black. Drool... Nice :love:

Thanks, I wasn't sure I would like it at first. The more I do the more I love it. I'm glad I decided not to do it in gloss black.

I can't wait to get more time to do some more.

92nsx

Supramania Contributor
Sep 30, 2005
Clearwater, MN
The previous owner also used dupli-color black on my dash, and on the arm rest :cry: cry:. Then he also cleared coated it and all I can tell you is that shit SUCKS ASS. In the sun it gets kind of "sticky" and all it dose is piss me off. It also looks like ass. you can tell it was painted and now OEM. Good luck with yours But I hate it. Just spend the $$$ for a shadow gray interior.

bmoss85

Apr 14, 2007
clemmons, nc
Canuckrz;1416754 said:
Are you going to use the paint on the carpet and seats as well? PS do not try to use it on anything leather, I found that out the hard way.....
I'm just gonna get new carpet, I will probably get new seat covers too. I just don't know if I want them in leather or cloth.

92nsx;1416759 said:
The previous owner also used dupli-color black on my dash, and on the arm rest :cry: cry:. Then he also cleared coated it and all I can tell you is that shit SUCKS ASS. In the sun it gets kind of "sticky" and all it dose is piss me off. It also looks like ass. you can tell it was painted and now OEM. Good luck with yours But I hate it. Just spend the $$$ for a shadow gray interior.

Most people I talk have had good results, maybe it's just the way the po did yours. I don't know. I have decided against putting a clear on mine.

I pulled the door panels today, hopefully I will have time to clean them and paint them tomorrow.

supraGhost

Dec 14, 2007
PA
i used vht vinyl dye and it worked awesome. check my thread.

anyhow, dont clear it. when its glossy it will look painted. in flat or satin, it looks like the original vinyl(mine did at least)