Dead turbo value?

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Wondering if anyone has an idea on a proper selling price for the SP6267 0.84 turbo I bought from the classifieds last year. It has too much side play and the seals leak oil, so it needs a rebuild. I bought a SP6262 0.68 turbo to replace it, but have no idea what I should ask (fairly) as a selling price on the dead core.

Any ideas?

I had considered holding onto it and rebuilding it later on with a garret core if I have any issues with the current turbo ever. If I did use it, I have a spacer on my manifold allowing me to pop a quickspool valve onto it without adjusting anything. Straight bolt on swap. That's generally because I was finding that the spool up on the .84 hotside was slower than what I liked.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
I would check and see how much the rebuild is. Could be expensive and possibly not worth it.

Grandavi

Sep 25, 2008
Calgary, Alberta, Canada
Depends where I go for the rebuild. Locally at Alamo (they are excellent) would cost me about 1200'ish with a new Garrett cartridge. Could run up to 1800.00 depending on what I do.

Was thinking the core might be worth something, but would probably have to sell locally because shipping on something this heavy would run near 100.00 cross border.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Well qa new precision of that suize non bb is about 900. bb and its like 1600 or something.

So the cost of rebulding vs just buying new is not worth it.

maybe like 100$ would be my guess. or you could find something cool to do with it. Like a lamp or end table or something.