Dead end cable identification

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
Picture attached. The yellow plug in the picture has 3 or 4 cables coming out of it. One of them is a white cable with red stripes that runs all the way through the main engine harness. Problem is, while doing the wire tuck I found this cable was pretty much a dead end. It was bound to another yellow cable in one of those stock, plastic wraps the car comes with to shield wiring. I'm guessing they both hook up to some plug (EGR maybe?).

Anyone got any ideas?

Attachments

• DSCN0857..JPG
    DSCN0857..JPG
    219.9 KB · Views: 87

Scruggs86.5T

Dec 8, 2007
Slidell, LA
The only white/red stripe wires that I can find on the ECU wiring diagrams go from your number 3 and 4 injectors to your ecu and then one from the TPS to the ECU. Neither of which are spiced into a yellow wire. It could also be something that runs through you engine harness that doesn't necessarily deal with the ECU wiring. Possibly the theft deterent horn?

---------- Post added at 10:29 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:28 AM ----------

Nevermind not the theft horn, just looked.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
TweeT91109;1695277 said:
haha. that looks like a cable from the starter, or the one that screws to the block behind the power steering pump.

The PS pump is on the opposite side of the engine. The cables aren't even long enough for it to go over the head where some of the other cables go through (oil pressure sensor, CPS, etc). The plug sits right next to the base of the fuse box (engine side).

casgallo

Not a lurker :)
Apr 3, 2005
New York
crap im not near my car but thats not for the electric fans is it? its hard to see the connector in the picture how many wires are going to it? I will check when I'm at work tomorrow if that helps.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
No, it's not for the A/C fans. That plug is black and is lying in a corner somewhere right now. If I remember right, it has 4 wires leading to it.

TweeT91109

Jan 7, 2010
Tampa, Florida, United States
Inygknok;1695625 said:
The PS pump is on the opposite side of the engine. The cables aren't even long enough for it to go over the head where some of the other cables go through (oil pressure sensor, CPS, etc). The plug sits right next to the base of the fuse box (engine side).

My bad, I meant AC compressor. but it looks like the alternator grounding cable.

Inygknok

Tropical Paradise
Sep 22, 2005
Puerto Rico
TweeT91109;1696354 said:
My bad, I meant AC compressor. but it looks like the alternator grounding cable.
*IF* I remember correctly, 3 of the cables coming out of that plug do end up in a ground (or 2) right below the fuse box on the driver's side fender. I have to go visit the car and double check to make sure (the cables leading to those grounds are the same color though). Still, I'd like to know where the 4th cable is supposed to go to because it's cut a bit further up from the 6th injector clip in the main harness, as if it was going somewhere else.