Datsrboi 87 turbo supra *hehe slow internet oh noez*

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
One thing.

You really should have removed all that stuff in the engine bay when you painted. The brake booster, all those lines, tops of the shock towers, nuts, bolts, etc, do not look good painted white with the engine bay. You had the engine out of the car. Might as well put in the extra effort to finish prepping the engine bay right for paint while you had the chance.

Other than that... it looks like you're bringing it back to much better shape than it was in.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
OneJoeZee said:
One thing.

You really should have removed all that stuff in the engine bay when you painted. The brake booster, all those lines, tops of the shock towers, nuts, bolts, etc, do not look good painted white with the engine bay. You had the engine out of the car. Might as well put in the extra effort to finish prepping the engine bay right for paint while you had the chance.

Other than that... it looks like you're bringing it back to much better shape than it was in.

Was thinking that but after scrubbing for hours those brake booster and everything look horrible. So I just sprayed them over with heat resistance paint and painted the entire engine bay with matching car paint and clear coat. Just want it clean all the way rather color here and there. No cheapo spray can paint I promise.

OneJoeZee

Retired Post Whore
Mar 30, 2005
aboard the Argama
The truth is the way you did it looks cheap though, no matter if you used paint that cost 1000 dollars a can. It sticks out like a sore thumb.

I'm not trying to bring you down because I can see the effort you're putting into the car and bringing it back. Alot of that stuff can be removed still and painted in some sort of black so it looks better. Just a thought.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
I agree with Joe, you should have covered all the lines in the engine bay, BUT.......it's does look much cleaner. I'm glad another supra was saved!! If you need any blue interior parts let me know, I'm local to you.

BTW, what all besides the timing is wrong with the engine...other than years of neglect?

Kckazdude

Mar 16, 2007
Memphis, TN
Looks like it went through a couple of botched fog light and radio installs. I agree with Joe about the engine bay. I do think you have made a great improvement to it however.

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
gtsfirefighter said:
I agree with Joe, you should have covered all the lines in the engine bay, BUT.......it's does look much cleaner. I'm glad another supra was saved!! If you need any blue interior parts let me know, I'm local to you.

BTW, what all besides the timing is wrong with the engine...other than years of neglect?

Timing, BHG, Melted harness, blown fuse, blown alternator, missing valcum lines, over due oil change, original oil filter, no thermostat, worn hoses, bad waterpump, umm all I can think of right now.

hey........... were you driving down 820 near north east mall and 121 on friday? I think I saw you. I was in a 4 door tan accord looking straight at you and your car as we pass the mall.

gtsfirefighter

SM Expert on White trash
Sep 26, 2006
Weatherford, Texas, United States
Datsrboi said:
Timing, BHG, Melted harness, blown fuse, blown alternator, missing valcum lines, over due oil change, original oil filter, no thermostat, worn hoses, bad waterpump, umm all I can think of right now.

hey........... were you driving down 820 near north east mall and 121 on friday? I think I saw you. I was in a 4 door tan accord looking straight at you and your car as we pass the mall.

Why yes I was but it was 6:00am and I was driving a white Chevrolet Silverado. The white car is not legal yet and still has the GE with BHG in it. It runs great but just can't drive it yet.

So with all those issues, should I assume an overhaul is in it's future?

Datsrboi

Loud pipes Save Lives
Jul 31, 2007
Haltom Texas
www.cardomain.com
sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

sm_photo_missing.jpg

My new exhaust. DAM I never knew the stock were that small.