data loggers???

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
just wondering if theres any types of data loggers out there that don't require a stand-alone? i found this one Zeitronix Zt-2 and heard that you could possibly use it with just a piggy back any info would be helpful as id like to do my own tuning instead of having to go to the dyne every time id like a tune??

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
come on guys help me I'm kinda new to the whole boosted car thing iv always ran N/A cars and my two previous supras were N/A also a little help would be awesome on this subject

IBoughtASupra

Mar 10, 2009
Queens, NY
Get a AEM or similar wideband and a piggyback and time from there. I don't know anything that does data logging except a Maft pro which is a higher end piggyback.

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
i was thinking of getting the Apexi afc neo for a piggy back but to see what my air/fuel is doing i need for a logger you say AEM? like which one? iv also seen the Zeitronix and the Plx are those decent kits

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
so with that innovate kit all i need to add is a piggyback like safc or apex afc neo and a wideband A/F gauge and ill be setup to start tuning so I'm not to lean or rich??? shot in the dark here but does that innovate kits software happen to work with Mac computer???? if not is there any data loggers that work with Macs???

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
nofx230;1798796 said:
so with that innovate kit all i need to add is a piggyback like safc or apex afc neo and a wideband A/F gauge and ill be setup to start tuning so I'm not to lean or rich??? shot in the dark here but does that innovate kits software happen to work with Mac computer???? if not is there any data loggers that work with Macs???

Yeah, im going to be running the Innovate SSI-4, the LC1 wideband [summit version], and a MAP ECU 1 for tuning. You could use SAFC or the AFC NEO instead of map ecu easily.

I havent seen anything mac compatible.. but why not just dual boot windows or run windows in a virtual machine?

nofx230

Jan 24, 2012
Colorado
i could dual boot it but once in windows mode i hear the mac is deceptable to viruses i could just pick up a crap computer for 100-200 bucks for tuning but seeing i just bought the car i think I'm going to pull the head and redo the HG even though the guy said "oh yeah its got a new head gasket" yeah right lmao i bought the car assuming that the HG was bad already, its a fairly simple fix, just not really seeing any signs of a bad HG yet is all.
but thanks for the info on the tuners, been trying to teach myself about all this crap as iv always ran N/A cars

steven89

Jul 8, 2006
Houston, TX
nofx230;1798850 said:
i could dual boot it but once in windows mode i hear the mac is deceptable to viruses i could just pick up a crap computer for 100-200 bucks for tuning but seeing i just bought the car i think I'm going to pull the head and redo the HG even though the guy said "oh yeah its got a new head gasket" yeah right lmao i bought the car assuming that the HG was bad already, its a fairly simple fix, just not really seeing any signs of a bad HG yet is all.
but thanks for the info on the tuners, been trying to teach myself about all this crap as iv always ran N/A cars

Look into the MAFT-Pro there's a bunch of guys running those around here and they all love em. I would've gone that route if i didn't get such a great deal on my map ecu.

link to MAFT-pro site
http://www.maftpro.com/index.shtml