Dash warning lights stay on

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
wisconsin/illinois border
I posted a brief description of my problem in naturally aspirated 7mg forum, the topic is (Help !!!) please go and read it, if you can help me then you are a god because I am stumped, thanx

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
Hey good idea...here it is.

Hey everyone, my name is Frank, I just recently purchased a 92 N/A supra 5 speed. I will be posting some pics tomorrow and more about me and my car but for now I need HELP !!!!!....... I just installed a new battery and a reman alternator and my main problem now is that the alternator doesn't seem to be charging the battery, the belt is on tight, all the wires are hooked up and seem to be getting a good connection. The fuses in all of the car are still good. One thing is the tailight warning light, battery light and parking brake light are on constantly on. I read a few days back on this site about rewiring the tailights to bypass the tail lamp failure box but that did not take care of my problem. ANY ideas !!!!!!???

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
OKAY....i had this exact same problem about a year ago. Except that along with that my taillights and my instrument panel lights were out. Now you say that your connections are good but have you checked the two wires that connect to the alternator? i thought mine were good as well, but i checked further down and found that my alternator wires had been toasted! it was down near the body, and i had to replace them with some speaker wire with wire connectors and whatnot, once i did that i had no problems whatsoever. you didnt say if your taillights were out so i dont know if the diagnosis will be the same, but you should still check all of your wiring to make sure none of it is fried. good luck

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
Thanks for the post....my tailights are good, they work the same with the lamp failure box hooked up or when I rewire to run without the box, but those three indicator lights on my dash are boggling the f**k out of me...I will definitely follow those wires down from the alternator. U are right in that the connections look good but maybe fried somewhere, I hope this is my problem I am eager to get back on the road with my ssssupra !

suprahooked

Built 7M
Jun 20, 2006
pa
Ckeck the alternator fuse its 100 amp and it is screwed in with a screw.I beleive its under the fuse box .

Suprarook

Ninety-Chew Mk-Tree
Mar 18, 2007
..are you talking about the one that is located inside the fuse box near the battery, this is a 100 amp fuse and it appears to be not blown. Is there one inside the car near the fuse panel? I have checked all of those fuses with a tester and they are all good...am I missing one??