Dash brace spring

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
When I took apart my dashboard there was a spring connected to the cross brace thing. Now I'm putting it back together and I'm not confident that I've found the right place to attach it to. I took pictures along the way, but none of them show the spring. I've attached a picture of where I think it connects to, but it I remember it being tighter when I took it off... Anyone know if this is the right place to attach it? If anyone has a picture of it that would be great too. Thanks!

(Just out of curiousity, does anyone know what purpose the spring serves?)

Attachments

• IMG_2021.jpg
    IMG_2021.jpg
    50.9 KB · Views: 56

Dirgle

Conjurer of Boost
Mar 30, 2005
Pauma Valley, CA
It goes from the cross brace to the brake pedal. I have mine apart right now and can take a picture for you tomorrow if you don't find where it goes by then.

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Dirgle;1365077 said:
It goes from the cross brace to the brake pedal. I have mine apart right now and can take a picture for you tomorrow if you don't find where it goes by then.
Thanks. I was wondering if it might hook to the pedal, but I couldn't see where it would attach. I'll have to look again after work. Is there a correct direction for the spring? One hook is longer than the other.

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
I checked mine out at lunch. My brake pedal is sitting in the floor right next to the spring. I guess I will have to pay attention to the outcome of this, as I am installing that brake pedal in my new shell soon. If I get it installed, and spring hung before you get it solved, I will post a picture.

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
BR_005.gif

swaq

posts++;
May 24, 2005
Oregon -> Arizona
www.SwaqValley.com
Thanks Ian. Looks like it's on the left side of that pin and the short side of the hook attaches to the brace bar. I've hooked it up now, tomorrow the dash pad goes back in, hopefully I'm not forgetting anything...