Dash Board interchangeability and color

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
Just curious.. my dad was calling around for me trying to find a dashboard for my sons 1987 Supra and the junkyard he called told him that the dash is exactly the same from 1987-1992. Is this correct?
It looks like I found a blue one local from slow66 who is a Supramania member along with the radio surround bezel. He is an hour away from me.
I will need to paint the dash gray to match the interior. Do any of you have any experience in painting a large interior piece like this. I have done small pieces in the past with a spray bomb that I bought from the local autozone and have always gotten good results.
I just want to say how much I appreciate everything and all the responses so far. slow66 is my sons new hero!! It used to be me I think!

I am still looking for a factory radio and I will need a headlight washer control. The other item I need is that little tiny bulb that pigtails off of the cigarette ligher assembly. Mine is smashed and I have no idea what the part # is.
Thanks for all the help so far. John G

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
Yup, the dash and the bezels are all the same, except for the switch panel on the left side of the steering wheel, those changed in 90, and so did the small piece underneath it (not part of the dash), otherwise it's all the same..

If you can't find a headlight washer button, I'll take the one I have on my 89 (it's plugged in, but does nothing) and replace it with the blank plate I have and sell it to you..

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Other than to say that Bryan (Slow66) is a 100% stand up and awesome dude, the dashes between 86.5-92 are fully interchangeable. Pretty much all of the interior is.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
I have an extra cigarette lighter harness(w the little tiny bulb),pm me an address and I will send it to you free of charge.My sympathy for you for them trashing your car like that,damn near same thing happened to my MK3's dash 6 yrs ago.

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
FullNelson;1213063 said:
Wow 3 generations of Supra guys? The force is strong in the family.

yea, the entire family is rallying around helping my son Nick out. We all know how much this Supra means to him. He has owned it for 2 years and wants to keep it forever. You know how it is with a kid and his first car. Its a love thing. IMHO.. its a great car and it deserves all the attention we give it because it pays us back in fun in spades.

jgcable

Jul 26, 2008
Milford, CT
modmonster2008;1213041 said:
hey do u need any more parts? i might be able to help you since im visitin the junk tomorrow

I still need a headlight washer control and a factory am/fm/cassette (and CD if possible) radio. It must have the harness for it too because mine was hacked in the robbery.

Other parts the car needs is a passenger side headlight bucket and a passenger side front orange marker lens.

Thanks very much for the offer. This forum is outstanding.
John G

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
ForcedTorque;1213218 said:
You need not be young for the Supra to have such an effect. It bit me 16 years ago, and I haven't had a day since without a Supra.

I contracted the Supra STD 3 years ago, and I passed it onto my girlfriend..:D