Dances with Smurfs...

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ogre;1483428 said:
Its a democratic movie, with lots of bullshit democratic views...

Wait Democrats are now treehuggers? LOL

OOOOOKay!

I'm pretty sure this was a treehugger film...I highly doubt Obama stepped in and said that Pandora needs change.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Regardless of the message the film sends, it's a good watch, with a plot. That's more than I can say about a lot of movies these days. I saw it in 3D which was pretty cool.

wade3570

Jan 7, 2007
tallahassee, florida
i have to agree with SHAEFF, it was fun to watch and had a plot. Everybody will take away what they want from a movie. We could all get lost in the meanings and undertones, but sometimes a movie should be watched because its just fun. On another note, Avatar incorporated some new film-making technologies that made it much more..."immersive" for the viewer. (just my 2 cents. ive worked in film & television for over a decade now, so dont beat me up too bad. lol) go watch it!

Last edited:

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
JJ, it's basically the story of Pocahontas, but modernized into a Sci-Fi on another planet. Of course, it's also done by Cameron, who it appears can do no wrong. Most of the film is computer generated, however, it's done better than anything we have seen to date, and the 3D tech is stunning.

The fact that it's still selling out every showing, 3 weeks after it's release, is definitely a good sign.

One thing to remember, though, is that it's not entirely big bad fights - there is a love story in there as well, to appeal to the other half of the population.

ERA

Jul 31, 2006
any way the wind blows
if your back doesnt suck and can withstand 3 hours of uncomfortable movie seats.

then yes. yes you should. definitely could have been shorter though. after watching a buttload of anime, it gets predictable, still cool though.

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ERA;1483597 said:
if your back doesnt suck and can withstand 3 hours of uncomfortable movie seats.

then yes. yes you should. definitely could have been shorter though. after watching a buttload of anime, it gets predictable, still cool though.

OT! Have you watched Black Lagoon? I was way off on the ending of it!

SupraMario

Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
ERA;1483641 said:
yeah, i watched both seasons of it. i cant recall what happened lol.

LOL, watch it again, the main character and the chick don't hook up AND it just randomly ends...LOL