damn theives

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
well it seems its time for another rant about theft.

last night my friend and i went out to the bar and had some drinks together. after last call we went back to my appartment and had a few more. he decided to crash on my couch since he was loaded and it was late.

when we woke up in the morning his mother had left a message on my cell phone informing us that his car, a mint 80's camaro with a LT1 swap (if memory serves me right), had been broken into in the night. we proceded to race up there only to find glass everywhere and his dvd player stolen out of the car. funny part is they forgot the tuner box that was under his seat you need to make it work.

so now he is out one window and a $2400 in car dvd player. ontop of that i cut my hand cleaning up the glass. it really disgusts me how people can do that. but anyways thats my little rant for today, im off to go see if my supra needs a new window too. :icon_evil

??supra

Mar 31, 2005
Kodiak, Alaska
mkiiSupraMan18 said:
if he has enough money to pay $2400 for a DVD player for his car, he shouldn't even be worried about it.......

i guess but its just the priciple that you cant trust anyone these days. i

SupraMario

I think it was the google
Mar 30, 2005
The Farm
yea, thats what im thinking, i wish i could trust people but, you cant. not even you neighbor in most cases.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
its true and sad. sure at the time he had money to play with his car a bit but that still dosent make it any more justifiable. on top of that he is between jobs and just finished some schooling so he isnt made of money at the moment.

mcpcola

7M's = Peoples Champ
Jul 4, 2005
Greater Gulf Coast
well i can say that its a shame that people will do this. My neighbor hood it safe due to some guys down the street that watch it all night. Hell all my tools and Engine parts are sitting out on the drive way easy to take and not a single person has looked at them twice which saves me from having to shoot someone.

SnowMongoose

May 20, 2005
Bellingham, WA
shitty circumstances, but at the same time, IMO, the ONLY reasonable reason to have a DVD player in your car is if its in the back, for your damn kids.
</me assumes thats not the case>
bah!

L

lanky189

um..so he had a 2400 dollar dvd player..but no 500 dollar car alarm?

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
lanky189 said:
um..so he had a 2400 dollar dvd player..but no 500 dollar car alarm?

yep... dont ask me why he didn't have one. i personally dont see the point in dvd players and tons of stereo gear. all my supra has is the stock speakers and a crappy sony head unit that looks like just a tape player. anything more is just dead weight.

drunk_medic

7Ms are for Cressidas
Apr 1, 2005
Woodstock, GA
Want to know what sucks? Most of the time, these things are done by someone you know.
Another thing that sucks is when you take a car somewhere for a repair/install and they can't get to it, so the car is left overnight and someone conveniently breaks in. You know it's an inside job, but you can't prove it and those shops usually have a "no liability" clause.

Stanzaspeed

2.5 Twin Turbo R
Staff member
Mar 30, 2005
Calgary, AB
ya i remember a post like that on SF i think. someone left their car at a shop and they took everything he had in it, like his safc-r stereo, subs, etc.

i would freak if that happened to me but thats part of why i do most of my own work. i hate knowing some people are working on my car without me there to supervise or make sure they don't screw up.

i totally agree with you when you say it was someone we probably know. it was the same thing i told him. its not the sort of equipment you usually see in 80's camaros in this town. the only thing they have usually is rust. on top of that they ignored the 454 swapped pontiac parisien (sp?) infront of it.

on that note from what he told me they have it narrowed down to a few people that may have did it.