Damn appendix

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well, this is the second time in 2 weeks that I am back in the hospital. This time it is for my appendix and it should be getting pulled out sometime today. Figures that when the weather clears up and the rain goes away, I can't drive my baby because of being in here. I want to say wish me luck because the surgeon that is doing the work has shaky hands like my grandfather...... She scares me...lol. I will post on here once I am out and awake enough to read the keys on the laptop.

This is going to suck...Even with insurance there goes my savings for my future upgrades for the Supra, and our new house. If anyone has any spare cash from a previous bank robbery, or insurance fraud, please pm me and I will shoot ya my paypal info...lol.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Eh, most appendix removals nowadays are via laproscopy- in and out in a day. Pray that they don't need to 'look' for it; It can only end in tears.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I'm going to be out for it anyways. And what you said...that laproscopy thing is what she is doing. 3 little cuts and pull it out with a coat hanger....lol. At least I still have a sense of humor while being in this much pain.

toyotanos

What will we break today?
Staff member
Super Moderator
Nov 29, 2008
Coon Rapids, MN
Now just imagine going under with the thought of it'll be laproscopy, then waking up and not being able to sit up due to the cut into my abdominal wall. 1 week in the hospital with a digestive system that was shut down, followed by 4months of 'light duty' work. I'm kinda special in that I have a full abdominal malrotation (guts aren't where they should be) so they had to spend 5 hours looking for it :(

I'm sure you'll have no issues- laproscopy is the way to go. Barely any scars afterwards, quick recovery, good deal. I know what you're going through, so I'll just say feel better unil its done!

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Ugh, sorry to hear that man. Fortunately I've only needed my adenoids removed when I was a kid, and some massive wisdom teeth when I was just out of high school. One tip for ya? If they give you pain pills, make sure you have food in you first. Learning that lesson was worse than the surgery. :p

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
te72;1781339 said:
Ugh, sorry to hear that man. Fortunately I've only needed my adenoids removed when I was a kid, and some massive wisdom teeth when I was just out of high school. One tip for ya? If they give you pain pills, make sure you have food in you first. Learning that lesson was worse than the surgery. :p

With this surgery, I wasn't able to eat or drink since midnight. Plus I have been on a strict clear liquid diet since I got here.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
91Supra313;1781383 said:
With this surgery, I wasn't able to eat or drink since midnight. Plus I have been on a strict clear liquid diet since I got here.
I have a lot of clear liquid diet in my freezer... again, probably not the best thing to mix with surgery and an empty stomach though. :p

Hey, they say laughter is the best medicine, right? At least you're keeping your wits about it. Oh, and DT, I was allowed to keep a cyst that they took out of my cheek a few years back. Was fun times, grossing people out with it...

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well, I'm alive and back at home chilling on my couch. Only pain now is where the larger incision was on the left side of my stomach. That muscle area is very tender right now. Other then that I feel ok. Been taking precocet every 3-4 hours to help with the pain. Going to do some walking in the stores today with the wife and get those stomach muscles working right again.

Jun 6, 2006
Amerika
www.dreamertheresa.com
Glad you had a better time with your appendechtomy than I did.

The mother hen in me advises that you NOT go out and about 'til you're off pain meds. You had an infection. You need to take time to recover. Have that lovely wife pamper you for another day or two.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Yeah we went to Target and Wally World.....I walked from the car to the door and then rode the little go carts around the store. Some people made smart ass remarks...I simply pulled up the left side of my shirt and showed them the surgery marks and they apologized and walked away. Still in a ton of pain from the cuts....but it is a little less then the original pain I was in on my way to the hospital two days ago.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
I will not be staying in bed mommy! Maybe the couch...... No choice in this matter. The wife won't let me bring the 52" tv into the bedroom for Battlefield 3 so.....

ForcedTorque

Join the 92 Owners Group
Jul 11, 2005
Satsuma, Alabama, United States
Yes, the doctors advise for recovery are worth paying attention to. I have known more than one person to have problems healing after this. I waited a week before any lifting and I healed fine. You feel fine for a few days before you really need to do anything. That's when it is tough.

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Well, the heaviest I have lifted so far is a glass of water. luckily my wife won't let me lift anything....even when we came back from the store. I'm just waiting for all the pain meds from the hospital to flush out of my system so I can go #2 again. Not like anyone wanted to hear that, but on a serious note about it, how long before that process returns to normal?

91Supra313

Jul 30, 2009
Clarksville TN
Oh I know better then to be straining for something like that. Pissing is hard enough because I have to just let it come out naturally rather then helping it move a little faster....But, on the advice of you, my surgeon, and the almighty one herself (my wife) I have been in bed literally all day except to go and piss and smoke. She was even nice enough to bring me breakfast in bed....gotta love her for that. Any other advice will be appreciated. I am also using a heating pad over my stomach area to help keep those muscles loose.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Well, if ever I need to help facilitate a squatter, I usually eat something like Burger King or raisin bran. Either one seems to do the trick. :p