Daily driven supras?

LuvMySilverSupra

Bay Area Supras
Apr 1, 2005
Bay Area, CA
no don't do it!!!!!!!!!

get a beater. shit, it's so important that i got a back up beater. as if the g35 isnt reliable enough, i bought a pos toyota scion just incase!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

make sure you have vtec!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

robeats91t

237lbs. of Ballast
Jun 4, 2005
Tampa, FL
The power will never get old. In fact, if you DD the Supra, you'll fall helplessly in love with it. Then, when you're not spending money on fixing it because it's broken, you'll be spending money on making more power.

And even with a Turbo, you can still get [relatively] good gas mileage. I did an experiment one semester--about a year ago now--and I averaged 23 mpg while driving about 70% highway (average highway speed was 80 mph) for about 6-8 tanks on a bpu Supra with 130K miles on the odo. So it can be done, and you don't have to drive like a tree-hugger to get good mileage if your car is healthy and tuned decently.

91T breezen'

ROMNEY/RYAN 2012
Apr 4, 2005
NOYFB!
Mine was officially retired from dd about three months ago. I'm really happy with that decision, because now I have even more desire to get into the car on weekends.:icon_razz I do miss the power some times though, especially around farty honduhs!:biglaugh:

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
I use mine for a DD but the miileage sucks right now.

Hopefully after the wideband and SAFC install & tune we'll change some of that.

I really wish I had some crapy little econo car though to put the miles on with....

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
ross1 said:
mine is fun to drive as a DD, i'd like to move it to WW status but that'll have to wait a while longer. i know a few people that get bad gas maileage but overall i think most people get pretty decent relative to the car. i get about 220-250 a tank mostly highway driving. just make sure to check fluids every couple of days...

ross
:rofl: i check my fluids twice a day, no joke, maybee more

Insidious Surmiser

Formerly 89jdm7m
May 12, 2006
Oceanfront
lol, nice... i've driven mine for maybee 2-3weeks, LOL and i bought it last august... but it's semi-driveable as of right now, but it's the only car i have now

emperorjoker

May 9, 2005
My 87 N/A has been my DD for almost 2 years now, our 2 year anniversary is 5 days after independence day. While the mileage is not where I would like it to be, or at least the gas prices are not I'm perfectly happy with it. I do have some work to do to it though, it needs a coat of paint, a new drivers side finder, in the front an upper lip for the bumper and the drivers side headlight cover & bevel ( it got backed into lightly by someone that needs to learn how to drive, it did just enough damage to make the headlight stop working and wreak the blinker light mounting under the lip, the worst part is the guy lives in another state and his insurance had expired at the time. So I'm SOL on the money to fix it, and I cant pay for it out of pocket because right before this happened someone broke into my house and stole my HDTV, and bunch of electronics, and for reasons that I cant begin to explain the turbo engine that I was rebuilding in my garage, and everything that I had to do the conversion including the manual transmission I had just finished working on. That was a very bad week for me. At least the damage is not bad enough to impact the driving of the car, although I think that having to leave the headlights up might be hurting me on gas, someone should do a study to find out if lights up versus down uses more gas.
Oh and bty if anyone happens to have any of the parts I mentioned for sale I would be interested. Mine is the factory dark blue, but because I'm going to paint it anyway (someday) I would not mind other colors, I would just prefer blue.

figgie

Supramania Contributor
Mar 30, 2005
Twin Cities, Minnesot-ah
<-- was a DD since 94 :)

of course after the OEM engine going up tot eh sky... I thought I treat the entire car to a complete overhaul. Minus well since the car never left me stranded or actually have any problems in the 200K+ miles I put on the chassis :)

JAWS

Apr 12, 2006
Aurora, CO
Mines been my DD since I got her. That was 1990! 170 thou added to the clock. Before that I had a... Supra! I've only owned Supra's for almost 20 years now.