cylinder not firing?

nosuprayoua

Jan 4, 2010
hawaii
so today i decided to change my oil and spark plugs since i was a little over due for it. oil went good but as i was removing the sparkplug wires to get to the plugs one of them ripped. what i mean by ripped is that the end of the wire that connects to the plug itself ripped off. so, i quickly ran to checkers and picked up a cheap set of wires to toss in.
this is where it gets awesome.:cry:
after everything went back together i started her up and she sounded rough, almost like the number 4 cylinder isnt firing. i checked the wires on both ends and they all seem to be snug. is it possible that oil got on a plug or something?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Its more possible that you mixed up a wire.

Front to back 1-6. coil pack l-r 1-6, 3-4, 2-5.

nosuprayoua

Jan 4, 2010
hawaii
i guess i should have mentioned that i have a NA so i dont have a coil pack. when i installed the wires i put them one at a time making sure that i matched 'em up right

---------- Post added at 10:50 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:35 PM ----------

hold up hold up. hvyman, you were correct. somehow it took me four times to realize that i had the 2 and 4 wires mixed up on the distributor. boy do i feel dumb. but on the bright side, she runs smooth as hell now. er well, smooth as silk?