Cylinder Head studs / Exhaust manifold studs

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
So on another adventure!

I grabbed some new Exhaust manifold studs from O'rileys to replace my old (nuts were seized and the studs just threaded out)
Helicoiled the head everything good to go, Except the studs were about 10mm to short only had a few threads sticking past the exhaust manifold.
No big deal except now searching for new ones seems to be like finding Ishmale's Whale.

I have my trusty calipers with me now and my OEM stud is 52.38mm Over all Length
15mm thread to head
33 mm shows to hang manifold on

I called every auto parts store in Iowa but none can order anything close,
Rock auto has some but says 40mm, I emailed them asking if that's exposed thread or OAL
I got the general fits car specs were given.

Anyone ordered the studs before?
or anyone have a nice online place?
I see DM has a 70$ set but thats for the Tap and stuff with it I Just need to studs at proper length!

Last edited:

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
1.25 good sir those studs would be sweet but wrong pitch. I did order some 48mm zinc coated ones but still looking.
I am very curious to see if anyone pulled those rock auto ones. they claimed OEM spec I am just baffled by the 40mm dimension it lists tho.

EDIT: The ones previous that were to short, or just showed 3 threads were OAL 40mm.
I ordered these 48mm ones they should work but wouldn't hurt to keep looking also!

cinderMK3

I want all the HAm
Apr 13, 2015
Akron Iowa
I checked village to no avail but looked at camelback site which inspired me to call the Toyota dealer about hour plus away they were 3$ a piece. guy on the phone got crazy excited and said he would do better for price hehe.
Didn't even think about calling a car lot odd, But I ordered them! Thank you 3p for making me realize not to over think the obvious XD

fox74

Nov 9, 2014
SLC
I agree for low price items like these I would buy genuine part rather than looking for a substitute , $1.35 is very reasonable price, even cheaper than after market stuff. once I bought thermostat from Autozone, it lasted only for few months and failed at the most inconvenient time, I replace it with Toyota thermostat which was more than 10 years ago still working fine.

Last edited: