cylinder head porting / what is this for ?

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
well i have done bunch of reading and this is not the first time i have ported a head so bear with me.

The funny part is i never notice this tell today, any way in each cyc there is a casting dot and run in sequence with the firing order.

what is this for ? only thing i can come up with is that were the tag of the spark plug should be on proper torq or maybe help the kernel expand

or just plain emissions or what ever

I have all way's marked my plugs so that the tags are even across the Bord,yes i know this is more of 2 valve type thing but hey it has yet to let me down

?????????

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
so know one knows why it is there

all so why is the head have two wedges in the intake biscaily flat spots

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
see the 2 dot indent in each chamber

p1411387_1.jpg

these slots all was woundered why they were there

p1411387_2.jpg

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
it's to help the spark kernel blossom and to promote tumble
so indexing your spark plugs is really good idea

this was told to me from a person i know that knows heads really really well

he's all so helping me with my head right now as well

he all so told me taken the outer side off like the gruop a head is stuiped idea and if that is the group a head the it would have to have one off piston

MA702Tone

Jan 28, 2009
Tennesse
NashMan;1413242 said:
it's to help the spark kernel blossom and to promote tumble
so indexing your spark plugs is really good idea

this was told to me from a person i know that knows heads really really well

he's all so helping me with my head right now as well

he all so told me taken the outer side off like the gruop a head is stuiped idea and if that is the group a head the it would have to have one off piston

On that note what would be the best position for the plug to be indexed to on the head in retorspect to the dimples on the head? It seems that this is something that can halp make the temps during combustion, in all loads more even which may allow more accurate tuneing.. Someone please chime in on this, as this seems to be a start to a nice informative write up!!! :evil2:

BLACKCAT

May 24, 2007
BHG
Following the location of the dimples the spark plugs would be indexed like this:

-> <- -> <- -> <-
6 5 4 3 2 1

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hey Tobe's the guy that does all peter Willy's work and most of the racers at Western is give me a hand on my head

i dropped over here and there to help guy used to live by you

but yea i just bought marrso kit it pretty simple only cost like 12 bucks or what ever

IJ.

Grumpy Old Man
Mar 30, 2005
I come from a land down under
Maybe if you were building a class race car where any small gain can help win a race but for a street car.... :nono:

By defintion you can't keep them the same height and index them as you use different thickness washers to do the indexing.

NashMan

WTF did he just wright ?
Aug 5, 2005
Victoria BC
hench try and for 11 bucks why not and it's not like hard to do

bean proven on dyno on many 2 vavles

but it's there so why not use it :)

flubyux2

Madd Tyte JDM yo ®
Apr 2, 2005
st. pete, fl
www.myspace.com
Tumble port ftl. I think there are big gains to be had if you convert the tumble port to a swirl port. When I ported my top end, I opened up the runners and lost those notches you were talking about.

Also, since my head has to come off now, I'm thinkig about Unshrouding the valves and reducing the height of the clover leaf in the chamber