cutting out high rpms

CrazySupra

Sep 28, 2010
North alabama
1991 Supra Turbo cuts out around 5000 rpms. Completely stock other than 3inch from turbo back no cats. Gap on spark plugs???

Thanks
Crazysupra

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
CrazySupra;1635228 said:
1991 Supra Turbo cuts out around 5000 rpms. Completely stock other than 3inch from turbo back no cats. Gap on spark plugs???

Thanks
Crazysupra
It may be that... Any codes? When did this first start happening? Van

Last edited:

CrazySupra

Sep 28, 2010
North alabama
no codes... Never really noticed it before but never got on it afraid something would break. It's an auto so I took off in 1st and was fixin to shift to 2nd when I noticed it. It was not over the redline. Just felt like it almost wanted to backfire or something. I had a supercharged mustang years ago and it kind of did the same thing and it ended up being the gap on the plugs (blowing out).

Van

87t Hardtop
Mar 26, 2006
Oak Grove, OR 97267
CrazySupra;1635335 said:
no codes... Never really noticed it before but never got on it afraid something would break. It's an auto so I took off in 1st and was fixin to shift to 2nd when I noticed it. It was not over the redline. Just felt like it almost wanted to backfire or something. I had a supercharged mustang years ago and it kind of did the same thing and it ended up being the gap on the plugs (blowing out).
I see... No codes. When was the last time you worked or had work done on it? It couldn't hurt to check the plugs and the wires. Look in the online TSRM for more: it also has a decision tree in the ignition section, under trouble shooting. http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?Section=IG&P=3 Van