Customized my instrument cluster

my7mgte527

Hey every1 I hav been doing alot of trial and error with my build and alot of good came out of it so I decided to do one more job... I redesigned my instrument cluster using PVC pipe 2" ID and a strada dash the PVC is for my new gauges hope u like wat I hav done so far on this tiny task
mubamepu.jpg

zazytu5e.jpg

tave8aru.jpg

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
Not sure I understand the "pod" idea with the PVC tubing? That said, it seems to be coming along pretty nicely. :)

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I'll have to reserve judgement on the 2" PVC pods, but it seems to me that if you're going to go that far, why keep the stock face at all?

I am interested in how the Strada deals with speedo/odometer functions though. I've been thinking about what it would take to convert to an all aftermarket dashboard.

Dan_Gyoba

Turbo Swapper
Aug 9, 2007
Alberta
www.gyoba.com
I'd have to say that the flaws in the fibreglass finish would make me crazy, and if you're going to use fibreglass and body filler in the final project, then I think that another approach other than building on the factory part would have been better.

Please don't take this as "hating" or "flaming" because it isn't. I think that you have a good idea here, for making a dashboard to house aftermarket gauges.

I haven't seen your main display before, but have been looking at using a small ARM processor based linux box to take care of a speedo/odometer and tach, probably some other indicators as well. (Could probably use GPS for speedo/odometer, come to think of it.)

Anyway, if you're going to cover the warning light indicators, then you could have easily fit another gauge on the right hand side. Instead of just having temp, fuel, boost and oil pressure (Assuming you stick to what the factory had -- which are all good gauges to have) you could have added at least one more, say EGT or AFR. (Though maybe your display takes care of one or more of these functions. I don't know.)

It certainly makes me want to play with some ideas...

scottiedawg66;1901569 said:
What display is that?
In post #1 it's identified as a Strada dash. (I assume that the linked one is similar.)

Edit: Looking that that one, I see that several of the functions are replicated, though I still like to have dials and indicator needles myself.

my7mgte527

I could add something in that gap yes but due to lack of funds I rlly didn't hav much left to add there but I c what u mean but the strada does all the warning functions needed so for my first time doing it its not bad n it's my prototype to mass produce these eventually but I will make them out of better materials n won't be as hard to make but yea ill admit could hav done better with the fiberglass and bondo