Custom interior

Chris86.5

Oct 5, 2006
Leduc AB
K i have searched site, and had no luck finding a previous thread on this...

K well I'm customizing my interior, and i was wondering if people have done it themselves on here, like I'm talking door panels and it all. any pictures to show? or something like that.

xarewhyayen

276 whp - 324 tq @ 13psi
Oct 3, 2005
Philly
Chris86.5 said:
K i have searched site, and had no luck finding a previous thread on this...

K well I'm customizing my interior, and i was wondering if people have done it themselves on here, like I'm talking door panels and it all. any pictures to show? or something like that.

look for empera's thread ... shift boots and ebrake covers. He is currently working on door panels, armrest covers, shift boots, and ebrake covers and the work is excellent and he can work with you for some color matching. I've seen all the things he made and they all look great at a great price.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
The Reaper said:
very rare do people do this. they usually take their time and money and make it faster
Im doing mine right now. Ive got the one door panel done, both back side pieces done, and part of the back seat done. Reapers right, youve really got to take your time for it to come out nice.

JesseH

Nov 12, 2005
Englewood, Ohio, United States
CampbellsChunkySoupra said:
custom interiors are not as they seem to be. its alright to reupholster stuff that has tears and rips and cracks, but dont go crazy with colors.

remember! stock is sexy when it comes to late 80's japanese cars!
well it also depends on what you define as crazy colors... have you seen this thread?
http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?t=36813
I think that looks very good, and a lot of hard work too. Mine is going to be two tone only a very small ammount of blue to match the rest of my car and the rest black....I've always liked blue and black together.
But I agree with you that when people go to far it doesnt go with the car.

Gilsdorf

Street Dragon
Jun 18, 2005
Reno, NV
I got in on that leatherseats.com group buy in 2005, and had them put black perforated alacantra (fake suede) in the center and on the door panels. Loved how it turned out, like an upgraded stock interior(not all pimp-daddy!) for the money I think the fit/quality could have been better (one of the tabs was sewn in the wrong spot, so it had to be corrected before they would fit; and there is alread a small wear spot on one of the side bolsters).

Some interior shots:

p575113_1.jpg

I do have the TRD GB knob and it fits great, there is no point in putting it on just to take it off to install the shifter boot (also brand new factory Toyota, along with the e-brake cover).

p575113_2.jpg

Chris86.5

Oct 5, 2006
Leduc AB
that looks good,

im not going to go crazy with colors, its going to be black and white and thats it. probably replace my carpet with a black one from www.stockinteriors.com and stuff like that

also i might just fess up the money and get the leather seats from that store you just posted

Boost Lee

Bee Doo Bee Doo Bee Doo
Staff member
Sep 13, 2006
Indianapolis, IN
This is not my vehicle, however, I think it's a great example of going "too far", but still looking very respectable.

I wouldn't mind having something like this.

I think it looks great; It's a very clean job and isn't yet "overly" doing it.

Just thought I'd throw another example out there for you to feed on. :)

-Jeff

Kyle87T

Banned
Aug 4, 2005
Richmond Hill, Ontario, Canada
dcrusupra said:
I started to change the interior color on my last car.

everything was spray painted with a vinyl spray paint except for the carpet.
2175162_87_full.jpg

2175162_67_full.jpg

2175162_64_full.jpg

What kind of vinyl paint? How long since you sprayed it on? Does it wear off when touching or wiping it? That seems very glossy. Maybe a little too much for my taste.