custom air box help

aus87nat

May 20, 2008
Wollongong
^hood sealing is a pretty good idea.

rj_conerly;1301925 said:
See now thats the kinda info i was looking for. Thanks now if i got some pictures I'll be golden.

You don't need pictures, just get a cardboard box and a pair of scissors, pop your hood and get thinking. You'll soon have a whole stack of ideas on your own, and you'll be much happier at the end of it :)

CRE

7M-GE + MAFT Pro + T = :D
Oct 24, 2005
Denver, CO
Aus has got it right, two sheets of cheap galvanized sheet metal with a 1" gap between filled with f/g. Remember not to pack it in there tightly too. If you could manage it, two plates with a complete vacuum between them would work the best. ;)

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
Not exactly sure of the layout of a N/A, but here is mine on a turbo. More info in my build.

p1305829_1.jpg

p1305829_2.jpg

p1305829_3.jpg

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
I avoid getting on the ground as much as possible, I'm too long and lanky, I'm like a fish flopping around on the ground trying to get into position to reach stuff:icon_razz

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
CRE;1305566 said:
Aus has got it right, two sheets of cheap galvanized sheet metal with a 1" gap between filled with f/g. Remember not to pack it in there tightly too. If you could manage it, two plates with a complete vacuum between them would work the best. ;)

You could also use a spray foam insulation such as Great Stuff. It has a higher R rating than fiberglass. It's messy and sticky, but it'll work quite well. Remember that it tends to expand when you fill, but once it dries, you can cut it, sand it, fill it, and paint it.

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
cuel;1306845 said:
You could also use a spray foam insulation such as Great Stuff. It has a higher R rating than fiberglass. It's messy and sticky, but it'll work quite well. Remember that it tends to expand when you fill, but once it dries, you can cut it, sand it, fill it, and paint it.

CRE and cuel posting within a few days of each other?! You guys know you're welcome to swing by more often, right? ;)

I never even thought about using that stuff, but that is an excellent idea. I used it for school projects all the time and shaped and cut it all day. Easy to work with and relatively cheap so it has a chance of being a hit with the N/A MKIII crowd...

cuel

Supramania Contributor
Jan 8, 2007
Baytown, Texas
I've been pretty busy fixing up a second bedroom. My baby girl might be here next week :)

Amazing how the pending arrival of your first child changes your perspective on what's important...

jimi87-t

Oct 12, 2005
Colorado Springs
cuel;1307632 said:
I've been pretty busy fixing up a second bedroom. My baby girl might be here next week :)

Amazing how the pending arrival of your first child changes your perspective on what's important...

Talk about random, you know this isn't facebook or twitter. JK :icon_razz

suprarx7nut

YotaMD.com author
Nov 10, 2006
Arizona
www.supramania.com
cuel;1307632 said:

CONGRATS!!! :)

Good luck with the first born, but don't forget about us!!!