Custom accordian hose I made (pics)

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
I figured I would post up a few pics to see what everyone thinks. I made this for one of the local supra guys and his clean ass 92. I also built the intercooler set up in the pictures as well as alot of other stuff. It is a little bit bigger than 3 in so it matches the AFM perfectly.
p813289_1.jpg

p813289_2.jpg

p813289_3.jpg

p813289_4.jpg

p813289_5.jpg

p813289_6.jpg

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
i would make my own before i ever went out and bought a cooleeze... suprasport sells it for like $190 or something... thats crazy! if you were super cheap, and just had a $400 MIG welder then i would make it out of stainless or aluminized steel and cut the price in HALF. and his looks like 2 elbows, i dont know what size the inlet it... but vibrantperformace sells 90 elbows for like 20-30 a pop. and then get some t-bolts off ebay, and get some good 4-ply couplers... cooleeze didnt have t-bolts in the picture either... so what are you paying for exactly???

SD2JZA70

HardTunedMotorsports
Apr 5, 2005
San Marcos, CA
www.cardomain.com
Rennat said:
i would make my own before i ever went out and bought a cooleeze... suprasport sells it for like $190 or something... thats crazy! if you were super cheap, and just had a $400 MIG welder then i would make it out of stainless or aluminized steel and cut the price in HALF. and his looks like 2 elbows, i dont know what size the inlet it... but vibrantperformace sells 90 elbows for like 20-30 a pop. and then get some t-bolts off ebay, and get some good 4-ply couplers... cooleeze didnt have t-bolts in the picture either... so what are you paying for exactly???
Good luck finding the elbows I used. They are larger than 3 in and very tight radius. As for making it out of stainless or aluminized again good luck as they dont make a bend tight enough. Thats why the cooleeze looks like ass imo. No offence but, if you were cheap and had a $400 mig welder I could assure you that whatever was made would look like A$$,.

2543arvin

Moving to Japan!!!
Nov 30, 2006
Jacksonville, NC
Thanks, I would need one with just one port for the PCV connection.

EDIT, sorry didnt read my quote in your post just assumed you quoted my last post.

Thanks though.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
SD2JZA70 said:
Good luck finding the elbows I used. They are larger than 3 in and very tight radius. As for making it out of stainless or aluminized again good luck as they dont make a bend tight enough. Thats why the cooleeze looks like ass imo. No offence but, if you were cheap and had a $400 mig welder I could assure you that whatever was made would look like A$$,.

I did a 3'' exhaust system for my eclipse, had to do a lot of pie cut style stuff, was it the best looking? no. did it work and perform yes. I could have sat there and grinded down the welds and made it mirror polish... but i could care less. and you can make any bend you want, go get a 180 pipe and cut it how ever you want... its simple as that. And i would have a TIG welder but we dont have the space in the garage... and you can find anything you want on the internet with a little patience and a few part numbers. And i've done some beads with my $400 Lincoln MIG welder that look as good as some of the welds i've seen on here...