Cusco Coilover help

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Alright I need some help here on a set of coilovers i just purchased. I think they are cusco zeros but can't be for certain as I do not read japanese haha Basically I put them on my car just the way they came (off of a previous mk3) and to me it seems way to stiff, but I have never owned a set of coilovers before so I am not to sure. Now they have a hex screw on each one which I think is for dampening? I think all the way in is stiff and out is soft, right? Havent tried it yet but will this weekend. What I did notice is the spring difference in the front and year is different, which can be seen in this pic. They have 2 different colors on the coils and as you can see 2 different heights but the overall coilover is the same (preload?)

Heres a picture of them. Can someone determine which they are?

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Should have a dampning adjustment at the top.

The springs will have a higher spring rate for the front then rear.

Preload is putting tension on the spring before the weight of the car is on it.

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I bought these off a local member not ebay so there is no auction. Heres snap of the top of them, it looks just like the adjustment of an aeromotive fpr which is why I am thinking these may be adjustable and somewhere in their life lost the little tab on top for the settings? I was seeing that some cuscos have a dial knob and each number is a setting and these may be that?

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

projectsupra

旧車スープラ
Apr 5, 2005
West Palm Beach, FL
s235.photobucket.com
Just for reference, you have Zero1, pictured below are A70 Zero2.

m829ice_doll-img600x450-13017103417mzyuc81567.jpg

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
Thanks man that was helpful with the picture. Well I drove it a bit today not to bad at all :) I am happy but then I heard a noise which was found to be a bad lower ball joint :( If its not one thing it's another ugh

JDMMA70

Dec 4, 2006
Houston
I want a set of zero 2s the rates on those are 18kg front 11kg rear prolly not the best for street driving but im just going to get a set of endless coilovers

oldsking

Mar 19, 2009
Chapel Hill, NC
I am happy with what I got on mine, its just the noise it makes is scaring me but I am thinking its a combo of the ball joint messed up. Hopefully I can fix that tomorrow she looks waaaaaay better now dropped! Still need bigger tires out back, 285 35 18s is what I thinking.
img0109t.jpg