Current symptoms, im almost done with this supra...

Status
Not open for further replies.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Ok current mods.

FMIC 2.5", 57 Trim CT26(8lbs), Felpro HG, ARP's(80lbs),
New OEM Camshafts, Sparkplug wires and plugs new.

Ok so ive been driving my car for about 2 weeks now and
everything has been fine, ive been fixing alot of coolant leaks
from un clamped hoses etc. yesterday after driving it got pretty
hot and i noticed a coolant hose came off and drained all my
coolant. so i fixed that and poured water back into it and filled her
up, i had nothing in the overflow tank at this point.

I get back home and park the car.

Wake up this morning and come to start my car, i fill the radiator up
and start my car, it starts somewhat normal but i see white smoke
comeing out of my downpipe(Im running an open downpipe for now).

I shut the car off and come back inside to look at some threads about
white smoke and dont see anything too bad.

I go back outside start the car up and no more white smoke, so i take it around the block and i can see a little bit of blue smoke coming out the exhaust.... =[ but it runs fine and boosts fine, other than first taking off
it feels somewhat weaker than usual.

I come back home and park it and my overflow tank cap has popped off
and my radiator isnt full anymore and my overflow tank is almost full....

Please please tell me this is something other than BHG....
I just got the car fixed and i also lost my job.

if it is a BHG then im done with everything....

james_9876

Rehabilitation time...
Aug 1, 2007
Spartanburg, SC
It's not looking too good. The only thing I can suggest it to let the motor cool fully i.e. 2-3hrs probably be best. So watch family guy or wash clothes. Then take to rad cap off, top off with fluid, LEAVE cap off and start the car. Watch for gysers. ^.^

If water is flowing out constantly, either you have a hyper active WaterPump, or a BHG. Sorry Dude.

Later
HLFV

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
^^When you do turn the car on lift the front end of the car up a little. Itll help any air bubbles that may have got into the system, get them out.

I had the same thing happen just this past sunday, so yesterday lol, but mine did the exact same thing. I burpped the car and it hasnt done anything like that anymore.

My only difference was I didnt have smoke. =/

Best of luck man.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
airhead04;1446794 said:
^^When you do turn the car on lift the front end of the car up a little. Itll help any air bubbles that may have got into the system, get them out.

I had the same thing happen just this past sunday, so yesterday lol, but mine did the exact same thing. I burpped the car and it hasnt done anything like that anymore.

My only difference was I didnt have smoke. =/

Best of luck man.

Ill definetly do that today then...

And another thing the smoke might of been from the leaking hoses that dripped down onto the DP or something essentially hot...

Or im just hoping...

I appreciate you guys replying i know the whole bhg threads are endless
but i just figured id ask since i didnt have the exact symptoms of a BHG.

If anyone else has anymore suggestions please give...

Also when i try to burp the system, i fill the radiator full then start the car
and it literally shoots out of my radiator like a gyser as the guy above said...
but then it stops and i refill my radiator and it doesnt do it anymore.

Hmong_1G

Name the Place and time.
Dec 31, 2008
California
After 5 heat cycles did you retorque the head studs? Do you use new studs? Deck surface clean? Doesn't sound too good when Raditor is low and overflow is full.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Hmong_1G;1446995 said:
After 5 heat cycles did you retorque the head studs? Do you use new studs? Deck surface clean? Doesn't sound too good when Raditor is low and overflow is full.

Yea after the 5 heat cycles i never did retorque the head back down due to my uncle that has all the tools went out of town.
They were brand new arp's.

But i never got on it too much.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
Poodles;1447038 said:
ARP studs or bolts?

Studs, Sorry.
Well i think there studs lol...

Studs just go right in without a nut to screw on right? if so thats what i have.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
I started thinking about something today, my car started doing the overflow full rad empty again, yet no smoke still.

If, IF, thats a big if, you dont have bhg, you may have a cracked head. Im thinking thats what mine is, but I may be wrong.

Just a thought, for you to wonder on.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
airhead04;1447119 said:
I started thinking about something today, my car started doing the overflow full rad empty again, yet no smoke still.

If, IF, thats a big if, you dont have bhg, you may have a cracked head. Im thinking thats what mine is, but I may be wrong.

Just a thought, for you to wonder on.

I dont want anything else to wounder on!!!!! looool.

But yea...

89supra7mgte

Sep 20, 2009
colorado
Usually coolant on an exhaust manifold or whatever will not smoke as bad as if it was burning from the inside of it. temps are much greater inside than out. After my hg replace i had some bluish smoke that cleared up along with one overheat which was due to air pocket in block and fans not working.

I would suggest checking your oils as well, make sure there is no coolant in there. You say it was running fine for a while so a backwards t stat might not be the issue but you can double check make sure its in correct and operating properly. When i got my car the po put the t-stat in backwards so i got the "geyser" affect from that not to mention coolant being forced into overflow, similar to bhg.

Another thing to check would be fans, if electric, make sure it is still operating.

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
I just dont understand, its a brand new freaking head gasket torqued to 80lbs....
The oem one lasted for 150,000 miles and this one only lasted maybe 75miles....?

Failure14

Banned
May 29, 2009
Ohio
airhead04;1447554 said:
Could also be cracked correct??

And with this suggestion would there also be a cheap way of
finding out other than just looking? if so where would be the most
prompt place to look.

Status
Not open for further replies.