Current best option for fuel cut?

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
I have ordered an Aristo motor, and have ordered all the parts for the swap so far (waiting on the motor still) except a fuel cut device. I have read and read some more, and know that the Greddy BCC is better than the HKS FCD. I also realize that the Greddy is discontinued and the replacement seems to be the SFS Boost Cut Control Device at http://www.suprastore.com/su2jbocutcob.html

Price needs to be as low as possible, but I need to do this mod rightly to not negatively affect performance or reliability. So I am asking, what is the best "Current" option for fuel cut running on a stock JDM 2j that will see only BPU (17-18psi through 3" exhausting and IC piping)?

Thanks,
Neal

MKII full weight
swapped 7MGTE BPU
13.2 @ 110MPH
93 octane stock ct-26
No tune

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Ya other than ems the bcc is the better option.

Also better to make sure the twins are even good on the motor your getting as 17-18 psi could kill them quick and making for a nice headache to replace them.

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
hvyman;1812709 said:
Ya other than ems the bcc is the better option.

Also better to make sure the twins are even good on the motor your getting as 17-18 psi could kill them quick and making for a nice headache to replace them.

Thanks for the heads up! I will obviously be checking for shaft play ect, and if they are junk, well good thing good jdm twins are cheap at least. Swap is costing too much so jdm twins are my only current option. Now then, obviously EMS is best but way too much for this build, and both you guys did state the Greddy BCC, so where does a poor man find one since they are discontinued? All help is appreciated, and wtf is up with this BCC replacement SFS Boost Cut Control Device, I can find no reviews.

Thanks

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
Last I checked dm sells the bcc. Still on the greddy website as well. You just use the one for the 3sgte.

Also if going that route best to have a wideband and walbro at bare min.

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
Thanks, have the wideband and walbro already from my 7m setup. I just read the BCC was discont, must have been false information to sell the SFS Boost Cut Control Device, since it states it on their page.

*edit* Just Checked DM again, and do not see it available, maybe I should just call up Aaron again
Also do not see it on Greddy's site for sale....

Any Ideas?

Last edited:

Dylan JZ

一番 King
Oct 18, 2007
湾岸せん
greddy BCC.. but make sure you have proper fuel!

looks like you have a Walbro and WB02 ready, but I went a step further to AFC.

as said, EMS will always be the best.

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
I do also have an safc 2 that I have never used, still not sure if I will be using it. If I can't find the Greddy, is the SFS Boost Cut Control Device a suitable replacement?

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
How long are your turbos going to last at that pressure though? Sounds like you're concerned about cost of replacement or time needed to swap out turbos... in which case, I'd suggest running them at a lower pressure for the time being. But, that's just me, it's your car. :)

ihateu3

Mar 1, 2011
Ohio
te72;1812909 said:
How long are your turbos going to last at that pressure though? Sounds like you're concerned about cost of replacement or time needed to swap out turbos... in which case, I'd suggest running them at a lower pressure for the time being. But, that's just me, it's your car. :)

By all means guide me in the right direction, all my thoughts have been based off of reading articles that stated the JDM ceramics where good for 17-18 PSI and produce close to 400hp BPU. Any insight as to what you guys think is appreciated.

hvyman

Dang Dude! No Way Man.
Staff member
Apr 17, 2007
Fullerton,CA
18psi is about all they can handle. But the life of them goes Down drastically at that psi.

Better off running them to fc and save for a single.

te72

Classifieds Moderator
Staff member
Mar 26, 2006
WHYoming
hvyman;1813019 said:
18psi is about all they can handle. But the life of them goes Down drastically at that psi.

Better off running them to fc and save for a single.
This. I've ran mine for 2.5 years now, most of that time spent at 12-13psi depending on weather. Have had them as high as 16-17psi, and while they *feel* great, I know it's not good for them. Best to run them at stock wastegate pressure if you don't have the means to replace them or don't want to yet. No sense in taking chances. ;)