Cup holder!!

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
I just got a oem cup holder for my supra at the junk yard for $2.50 now only if my car ran I could put them to use. :icon_sad: Does anyone else have a cup holders cause it seems like they are rare?

MarkIII4Me

Project OVERKILL!!!
Apr 10, 2005
Charleston, SC
Rare is an uncracked cup holder, (they're almost always cracked in the spot; like some idiot went around cramming big gulps into each one), with the fold out lower brace still intact.

Still aint worth shit tho.

I'd hurry and see if you can get your $2.50 back :biglaugh:

Mastapip

Apr 20, 2009
Ft. Worth Tx
If you own a manual and have long arms, they are totally useless...

I can't shift with a cup in there, because I'm worried about knocking the cup over.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
I use mine all the time, they came stock in 89+'s...

the support bar always breaks but I think they removed it in 1990 anyway, since the center console was raised up and the bar was no longer needed..

you also need to replace the bottom of the armrest, since it's deeper and has a groove for the cup holder..

Clip

The Magnificent Seven
Oct 16, 2005
Virginia
mine's mint, but i don't ever use mine unless im parked. and i hate being parked in my supra. besides, when the armrest is up it feels crowded.

OfnaRcR4

Shea!
Oct 2, 2006
kettering ohio
Have it, its useless with cans, small or big cups. Airbag cars could fit a can in there because it wasn't as deep because of the airbag pooter.

kotu100

Nov 23, 2006
Easton, Ma
i love my cupholder.
i have 3 mint ones, no cracks at all. and one of them is on a mint shadow grey leather console. use it with everything and never had a problem. but i only use the back one. if theres 2 cups it annoys me when i go to shift.

Neodeuccio

Addicted to boost...
Sep 30, 2006
Schenectady NY
So, slightly off topic...
Has anyone done custom cup holder mods? I was thinking about taking one out of a saab and mounting it into the dash.

So basically, put this:
ag_07saab95_chopen.jpg

Here:
interior1.jpg

dusthead

C-C-C-C-COMBO BREAKERRRRR
Aug 10, 2009
New London, CT
MKIV owners have the money to MAKE as many cup holders as they desire and wherever they want them......................whoa whoa jealousy........:kaboom:

StrikeIS

Apr 1, 2009
Va
Well mine should have had cupholders in the frist place but I guess the owner before me took them out, cause I guess like you guys said it gets in the way. I dont seem to have a problem with it, but Im not really driving my car I just kinda sit in it and pretend like vrooom vrooooom vroooooooooooooooom clank grind knock knock knock knock damn. oh well all the more reason to go 1JZ.

airhead04

Aug 21, 2009
Lima, Ohio, United States
^^^LOL

I threw mine out. It was brand new from toyota, still in the wrapper. And it was from 2001!!! Couldnt believe it, but I threw it out. NOBODY EATS OR DRINKS IN MY CAR, NOT EVEN ME. Shit if your drunk your not in my car. Its just the way I am.

--Golli

Feb 6, 2009
Adelaide, Australia
Must be all your wierd cup sizes...
Mine fits any medium or large fast food joint cup. However it won't fit a red bull can... thats the girlfriends job... haha.
Having said that though, I'm like airhead, no one eats or drinks in my car unless its water (or a really really really needed red bull....). I simply use it to hold drinks till I get to my destination if I use a drivethrough.