CT26 rebuild

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
You are new to supras in general and it's very obvious and you already talk of doing a rhd conversion...

You your self can't rebuild a turbo...send it to driftmotion to be rebuilt.

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
gaboonviper85;1222158 said:
You are new to supras in general and it's very obvious and you already talk of doing a rhd conversion...

You your self can't rebuild a turbo...send it to driftmotion to be rebuilt.

Again the viper is full of win.

If you are new to cars, or even supras in general, you have no business rebuilding a turbo on your own,. much less a ct26 which is VERY finniky. :nono:

neverbeencaught

Jan 1, 2009
athens, tn
www.myspace.com
I'm not new to car's, and this is the first supra i've owned. I'm wanting to rebuild a spare turbo i have laying around doing me no good in it's current state. this is not however my first turbo rebuild. I rebuild the TD04 turbo I put on my ford excort zx2...laugh but it was quick.... How are the CT26's finiky?

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
neverbeencaught;1222725 said:
I'm not new to car's, and this is the first supra i've owned. I'm wanting to rebuild a spare turbo i have laying around doing me no good in it's current state. this is not however my first turbo rebuild. I rebuild the TD04 turbo I put on my ford excort zx2...laugh but it was quick.... How are the CT26's finiky?

they are a 20 year old design...and we are trying to get modern performance from them...shit breaks when pushed over it's design limits...

If you want to rebuild then just send it to driftmotion along with $500 or so and you'll get a like new upgraded ct26 57 trim if you like.

WhtMa71

D0 W3RK
Apr 24, 2007
Macon, GA
Driftmotion also sells a rebuilt kit..

But like already stated.. If you don't have to tools, equipment and know-how then you're better off sending it to someone who does it nearly everyday... Such as DM or the many other turbo rebuild companies out there.

Rennat

5psi...? haha
Dec 6, 2005
Tracy, CA
www.myspace.com
what i wonder though... is who driftmotion uses to rebuild the turbos, because i really doubt there the actual ones doing the work... the machinary is CRAZY expensive (at least from what i was told) i guess they could do the machine work and re assembly, but somebody has to balance it for them...

gaboonviper85

Supramania Contributor
Jan 13, 2008
Northeast Philly
They subcontract them out to a local turbo shop...which I read somewhere in here from arron.

Pretty sure all you need is tooling, milling machine, lathe, and a balancer....mill would be about $4000 give or take, lathe about $5000, balancer I can't even guess, and about $2000 worth of tooling and fixtures LOL

IwantMKIII

WVU MAEngineering
Jun 12, 2007
Perkasie, PA
gaboonviper85;1222870 said:
they are a 20 year old design...

20 y/o or not, its still a damn good turbo. I mean really, what other stock turbo out there can be pushed to the CT's limits. They can be pushed almost twice its stock rated PSI and still last nearly forever.

OP: stick with Driftmotion

jonny87turbo

Dec 9, 2006
ohio
If you do get your turbo sent out to get rebuilt go with the
57 trim you can get good power around mid 300's to the wheels or more depending on your setup and be reliable.