Ct26 Coolant Lines

PHILLYSUPRA

serious
Jun 29, 2005
philly
Has Anybody Ever Ran The Ct26 Without Coolant Lines? If So What Did You Use To Block The Top And Has It Had Any Adverse Affects On The Turbo. I Am Doing A Na-t Conversion And Don't Feel Like I Need To Use The Coolant Lines, But I Will Be Using A Turbo Timer Anyway. Any Feedback Will Do. Thanks

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
PHILLYSUPRA said:
Has Anybody Ever Ran The Ct26 Without Coolant Lines? If So What Did You Use To Block The Top And Has It Had Any Adverse Affects On The Turbo. I Am Doing A Na-t Conversion And Don't Feel Like I Need To Use The Coolant Lines, But I Will Be Using A Turbo Timer Anyway. Any Feedback Will Do. Thanks

search on sf, there's alot of information there. to sum up what I read over there... the coolant lines are only there for people who think its nessesary to turn the car off right after a hard run.

you can remove them safely as long as you let your car cool down after EVERY run.

that's what i gathered, as to its truth or not? :dunno:

souprat

Mar 30, 2005
fairfax VA
?? i was under the impression that the coolant lines were an essential part to keeping your turbo alive. that without them the bearings would not get enough cooling and bake themselves to death.?? someone explain please.

Justin

Speakers?
Mar 31, 2005
Spokane, Wa
souprat said:
?? i was under the impression that the coolant lines were an essential part to keeping your turbo alive. that without them the bearings would not get enough cooling and bake themselves to death.?? someone explain please.

that may be true, like i siad, what i posted above was just what I have read before from several of the members I would consider 'informed'

think about this though: many aftermarket turbos are strictly oil cooled....

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
many people remove the coolant lines. i'm one to believe that it doesnt HURT to have them there. it DOES help cool the turbo, so i left mine :)

-shaeff

MDCmotorsports

Offical SM Expert: Turbochargers
SM Expert
Mar 31, 2005
Indy 500
www.MDCmotorsports.com
You can take them off, but the turbo housing might be prone to cracking due to a void of extreme super heated gasses being in there and then cooling-heating-cooling-heating over and over.

It can be done, it won't actually hurt the turbo... just dont' shut it off right after a hard run. A nice turbo timer would do you good....