ct26 burning coolant.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
is it possible to have a ct26 center bearing housing to crack and allow coolant to burn and go through the compressor charge pipe?>

and would it be fine to run with no coolant to the turbo?

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Sure, it's *possible*. It has yet to happen to anyone, though, and considering the number of people who mistreat their cars on here, that would make the likelihood somewhere between impossible and really damn unlikely.

pimptrizkit

thread killer
Dec 22, 2005
vancouver Wa
thats what i thought.

i sold a turbo to a friend that was in unknown condition, i assured him it was good, shaft plat wasn't bad, no oil residue, and no chipped fins. i told him it should boost and not smoke. so long as the oil seals are still good.

i also told him to make sure he adds oil before he installs and before he starts the car crank it fro ten minutes at least with fuel injection off (ecu fuse)

this is how he desribed it.

" it's starting to smoke."
me "where"
" from around the center."
me "oil burn off from install and spilling."

"oh ok"

later that night.

"hey it's smoking worse and is white, and smells like coolant."
me:
"BHG.. poor 5mge :biglaugh:"
"did you compression test it like i said to?"

"yes, 180-190 across all six. i'll test again tomorrow to check to see it is the same before turbo install."

next day.

"compression is the same and hasn't changed."

me "hmmm"

him " is it posible for water to leak from the turbo?...

"guess what, while free reving the engine i noticed coolant pass out from my BOV."

speachless " impossible."

update.

before i posted this last night i was bsin with brad, and he said running with the coolant lines off and it quit smoking. but after doing a hard 5th gear pull he blew his stock head gasket.