CT12a soft line replacements

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
What do you guys use to replace these hoses? I believe mine are leaking and are definitely like peanut brittle. I was just told yesterday that Toyota doesn't sell, stock, or manufature them anymore.

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
hardlines never leak. Gaskets and hoses do.

Control your gaskets and hoses first...I strongly doubt a oem hardline is leaking.... seriously, its like 1mm walls on those things.

nctexan

Nov 30, 2009
Houston
Radial;1967739 said:
hardlines never leak. Gaskets and hoses do.

Control your gaskets and hoses first...I strongly doubt a oem hardline is leaking.... seriously, its like 1mm walls on those things.

Your doubts are correct, sir, there is no hardline leak in this case, perhaps my wording and title could have been more descriptive? I am referring to the OEM softlines that connect from the turbo oil return hardlines to the oil return outlet on the oil pan of the 1JZ. Please see the schematic below to illustrate the parts I'm referring to.

View attachment 1jzintake-1.pdf

Radial

Aug 20, 2011
Norway
thats what i'd call a hose. In my head softlines are AN-style, Hoses are hoses, and hardlines are...ye...hardlines ;)
You can use what ever std hose, just make sure it's oil resistant, correct size, and can deal with some really hot oil (~150C).
A hydraulic hose shop can usually provide you with nice quality hoses. Hydraulic systems generate alot of heat, so most of them are heat resistant.

Std hoses for cooling and fuel-systems does not meet the requirements to last vety long. most of them dont handle heat above 120C, and very few handles engine oil.

GL!