CSF RAD VS Koyo RAD

Which radiator should I have sticked with?

• Koyo Radiator

Votes: 21 80.8%
  • CSF radiator.

Votes: 5 19.2%

• Total voters

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
Well a while back i bought the CSF radiator from Rob @ 935.
I recently sold it to a member on SM because of the Koyo GB.

Comparing the 2 in my head.... I cant believe the CSF Rad is only 52mm whereas as the Koyo is 53mm.

I swear the CSF was Thicker, Longer in length, and just bigger in every way.
It actually looks shorter as well.

Is there any one who can compare the radiators. Side by side??

Actually if someone can measure the dimension or already has them please post'em up because i think i should have sticked with the CSF.

I basically paid an extra 5$ for a koyo (Csf is 315shipped) for the mirror finish etc, etc.

GotTurbos?

2J = Here; Swap = Near
Apr 24, 2006
Dallas, TX
IMO the pwr is ugly, the koyo is a classy radiator with a perfect finish and a better looking top. The pwr is thicker and will cool a bit better... but with the koyo, I couldnt get my car to overheat if I wanted it to, so the extra cooling isnt needed in my case, and I live in TX where its constantly over 100degrees in the summer, the car ran perfect.

MKIIINA

Destroyer of Turbos
Mar 30, 2005
Plano, TX
Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE said:
Koyo comes in two forms also ma70 & jza70 version!

it does? im running the jza70 version and only have seen that one. i agree that the koyo is a great unit. i was having a minor overheat problem in stop-go traffic after removing my acc fans when i went ffim (ic piping route) and the koyo fixed it. car never over heats even out to 110 degrees atmo temp!

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
Well you guys get things for looks, and that has its advantages, but to sell the CSF to got to a KOYO isn't worth the time. I am willing to bet the cooling differences if any is nil to warrant a change. All I knw is my CSF does the job very well and I run electric fans which means it must get hot before the fans turn on with my sensor hooked up. That said it takes a long time for the coolant to get to the thermal heat switch to trip on the electric fans. With that radiator my engine temps fell tremendously from the stock radiator. My oil temps never go over 185 in 80 degree weather where as with the stock radiator saw temps of 195 or more. You are switching an orange for an orange IMHO. I see the Koyo radiaor is given a big lead in the poll, and I bet there is no factual data to suggest that it functions better to warrant getting rid of the CSF.

Last edited:

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
Well I've been trying to get rid of the CSF because i needed money at the time, but then i saw a GB on Koyo for 320. The way i was thinking was Im sure both cool just as well or pretty close.

I decided to go with koyo because of the looks and quailty.

I'm satisfied with the choice i made.

Thanks for your responses and poll votes

QWIKSTRIKE

475rwhp459torq an climbin
Apr 3, 2005
Some where out there
www.cardomain.com
oscolivar1 said:
Well I've been trying to get rid of the CSF because i needed money at the time, but then i saw a GB on Koyo for 320. The way i was thinking was Im sure both cool just as well or pretty close.

I decided to go with koyo because of the looks and quailty.

I'm satisfied with the choice i made.
Thanks for your responses and poll votes

Good answer, and the choice was not a bad choice. Just glad to see that you are truthful with yourself on why you did what you did, and what you accomplished. The Koyo looks better in there by far as looks are concerened, and it does just as good if not better. Again a good choice, and thanks for the honest reasoning behind it. I take my hat off to you!

oscolivar1

Supraism
Feb 8, 2006
Virginia beach
QWIKSTRIKE said:
Good answer, and the choice was not a bad choice. Just glad to see that you are truthful with yourself on why you did what you did, and what you accomplished. The Koyo looks better in there by far as looks are concerened, and it does just as good if not better. Again a good choice, and thanks for the honest reasoning behind it. I take my hat off to you!

:biglaugh: Thanks!