Cruise Controll Problems on 1JZ SOLVED! AUTO to Manual issue.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :
So if you have a car that was originally an AUTO, there is a pin 6 and 8 that will still be connected to the Cruise Control ECU. They are suppose to be connected to the AUTO tranny ECU. That is gone now, so it screws up the cruise control ecu. Remove the 2 wiring pins from the connector and you solve your problem. You must remove these two pins and then the cruise will work! OMG!!! 6 hours to figure this out. I have the feeling if i had searched the regular forum i might have found this problem. I thought it was a 1jz problem, but it was just an auto to manual issue!!!

Original Question: I have read all of the cruise control posts that involved the 1jz on here. I have had my 1JZ for 3 years. 1 year ago i adapted the cable so it would fit and then i reconnected the vacuum line so it was connected properly. That didnt do the trick sadly :( Well, I decided to take a 1400 mile trip next week and i want it to work now. Tonight my friend and i started working on figuring out what is wrong. I went through the manual and did the troubleshooting. All the sensors on the steering wheel work properly.

Here are the issues:
My car was originally an auto and i swapped in the R154. So i have no clutch Switch connected. I really like being able to turn on the car without the clutch depressed. I am guessing that i don't have a neutral start because it isnt a auto.

I also have ABS on this car and the light is on because I haven't installed the speed sensor for the ABS. Is that the same one that is required for the Cruise control?

So what would you suggest. What speed sensor is used? I have been looking at the pdf on this thread: http://www.supramania.com/forums/showthread.php?118583-Cruise-control-in-a-1JZ

Well, any advice would be very helpful. I have a bunch of things to accomplish before i leave. This is very frustrating. Oh, we disconnected the brake switch from the computer so it didnt require the brakes. This should have disabled the cancel switch, brake switch and brake reservoir sensors. It didn't do the trick so i am leaning towards a speed sensor issue.

Last edited:

mkiiichip

Sep 10, 2007
WI
if your 1jz was an auto, how did you bypass the neutral safety switch? If his is the case and the NSS is permanently bypassed then the ECU always thinks the car is in neutral, thus not allowing cruse controll.

Now the speed sensor, not sure. hopefully someone can chime in. my guess would be you need it.

PROBLEM SOLVED!!!! :
So if you have a car that was originally an AUTO, there is a pin 6 and 8 that will still be connected to the Cruise Control ECU. You must remove these two pins and then the car will work! OMG!!! 6 hours to figure this out. I have the feeling if i had searched the regular forum i might have found this problem. I thought it was a 1jz problem, but it was just a auto to manual issue!!!

supra1008;1534078 said:
Awesome!! What is pin 6 and pin 8 though?

On the cruise control computer. There are 17 pins in all. 6 and 8 are for the AUTO tranny ecu. So for some reason, even though it is not in the car, it is giving an improper signal to the cruise control computer. If you remove the wire pins from the harness that is connected to the cruise control computer, you fix the problem. It worked flawlessly for me.