cruise control removal

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
i searched and i didnt get a detailed instructions on how to do this. theres some components that have vacuum lines near the cruise control unit but i dont know which ones are needed and the ones that i can get rid of while i remove the cruise control unit. any help would really help out.:icon_bigg

Shawndude

Mar 30, 2005
Van BC
Whatever vacuum lines go into the cruise control thingie can be removed. If you're a turbo, just leave a line going into the little black box near there, but it's just your boost gauge sensor so even that isn't all that necessary. Apart from that, it should be obvious.

atlpd3147

kool member
Nov 26, 2005
Dacula,GA
theres about three things in that area that have vacuum lines. i think i know that black box thats for the stock boost guage.. but theres two more.. u know what they are? i dont want to remove them unless im sure what they are.. thnks

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
ok, so i removed the stock boost gauge control box. now i want to remove the cruise control, both because i dont use it and to clean up the engine bay.
first pic shows the vaccum line from the back of the manifold. i tee'd off this line for my aftermarket boost gauge with the white tee (that line goes to aftermarket boost gauge). the black tee'd lines are the ones i am wondering about. now, can i just remove the cruise controller, then the line from the black tee, the black tee itself and then just connect the remaining line to the black plastic boost line?
second pic is a shot of the whole cruise control system, with stock boost gauge line already removed.

Attachments

• boostline2.jpg
    boostline2.jpg
    92 KB · Views: 73
  • crusiecontrol1.jpg
    crusiecontrol1.jpg
    154.6 KB · Views: 76

supra90turbo

shaeff is FTMFW!
Mar 30, 2005
MA, 01440
remove every vacuum line that goes in that direction. Take the vacuum line for your boost gauge and extend it to the factory "tee" on the top/side of the brake master cylinder. All vacuum lines that are on the other side of the brake master cylinder are now useless. Remove them all, including the actuator and marvel at how much room that crap takes up once it's out!

SupraDreamPDR

Boost-a-holic!!
Feb 3, 2006
Springfield, OH.
supra90turbo said:
remove every vacuum line that goes in that direction. Take the vacuum line for your boost gauge and extend it to the factory "tee" on the top/side of the brake master cylinder. All vacuum lines that are on the other side of the brake master cylinder are now useless. Remove them all, including the actuator and marvel at how much room that crap takes up once it's out!
yeah, thats what i ended up doing... man, that does clean up the engine bay.

RazoE

Boobs/Boost, my favorite
Jun 13, 2006
Los Angeles
www.cafepress.com
i know this is an old thread, but searching > new thread..

would it be a straight removal for an NA?

You guys keep talking about keeping boost vacuum lines, but an NA wouldnt have a problem, right? I wanna replace my USDM 89 wheel with a JDM one that doesnt have the buttons in order to start removing crap i dont use....

Evilempire1.3JZ-GTE

SF what a waste of supras
Jun 22, 2006
SoCal
www.myspace.com
I know the steering wheel you speak of the three spoke. I have a extra one i might sell it soon.

It is verry easy to remove.
Remove the cruise control actuator & throttle cable stow the connector.
Remove the vacume hose up to the first T or assembly it plugs into then cap the vaume hose off call it a day.

I did a more extensive removal including the ecu and all the wiring switches relays fuses hardware. it all adds up and reduces car weight.

Bishop92t

Supramania Contributor
Apr 18, 2005
USA
www.ma70.com
The only vacuum line the 7MGE _needs_ is the FPR, 7MGTE only needs FPR and BPV/BOV. Basically you can do the same thing with the N/A as the turbo, you just have a couple fewer lines.