crispCLIPS of Supra "shakedown"...

crisp

existentialincrementalist
May 25, 2007
Ohio
http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/crispone/?action=view&current=Supra-run1.flv

http://s100.photobucket.com/albums/m26/crispone/?action=view&current=SURPA-Run2.flv

^^^ Well, I've never posted any vids of this thing... (nor TAKEN any, for that matter!)

These two are really lame, but I just came across them and figured how to load them to PB, so here they are. Been MONTHS since I've posted! I've since gone bigger injectors and an array of other mods. This run was after the car sat for OVER FIVE YEARS until I found the electrical issue Memorial Day weekend of '07. This footage from around that week, just a shakedown at 12-13psi. I believe I'm around the 400bhp mark now, but stuck a valve and plan to be back "on it" this spring! I'M GETTING THE FEVER HERE IN OHIO!!! DOH!

...sorry for the lame clips! Here are a couple shots of the interior... one "at speed", and the other a more recent array of mods. (Yeah, I know... HKS alphabet soup!)

p1257879_1.jpg

p1257879_2.jpg

p1257879_3.jpg

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
super.secret.supra.club;1257897 said:
very nice. how did you get your camera to mount like that?

Thank you. I mounted on a tripod with two feet spread eagle in front, and third leg tilted back into hatch with leg extended all the way. Camera is a Ricoh GX100 at 24mm (ultra-wide) setting.

Actually, not much thought went into these at ALL... but when spring comes around, if I get the stuck valve, sorted... I'll do some really good footage, hopefully!:biglaugh:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
mk3tattoos;1258068 said:
very nice! keep them coming. you should get nashman's new v2 shifter!

What, you don't like my "row-boat-shift-her-up-into-the-glove-box-for-fifth" model I sport now???:sarcasm:

NO DOUBT!

I already HAVE a spare (great shape) shifter with cup complete... and was going to send to Nash back when he was "cut/welding" them... but I think one "broke" and he quit welding himself... been awhile, does he have a "new" one out?

BTW, thanks! I'll have to get her running again this spring and fry some rubber next time!:biglaugh:

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
p1259369_1.jpg

For an old car that sits out in the elements... it's "hanging in there". This shot from about a year ago with my 2004 Solara rims on it!:biglaugh: (I might have posted this awhile back... I think it's when I did a claybar for the first time.)

-crisp

Last edited:

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
honestabe;1259378 said:
Very nice Crisp. Lol at the Solara rims. Got 1 small question, why did you take 5 years to figure out an issue?

Thanks. Simple answer? I wasn't a member of Supramania.:cry:

Honest, the FIRST DAY I was a member on here, and began some Q&A... I got the hint that led to the solution!

"Main" harness from engine to firewall back by EGR valve... after several head removal/assemblies, I had inadvertently NOT correctly secured that harness, and it began to "sink" down... until at SOME POINT after all was working WELL... the harness would LIGHTLY rest on the egr tube. After a period of time, the HEAT caused it to barely eat through, and although it didn't touch when STARTING or initially RUNNING the car, as soon as the egr got hot, and WHEN you would accelerate HARD, the engine torque would TILT it just enough to TOUCH the harness and the exposed wire would POP the 15AMP that leads to EVERYTHING!

I hunted for the solution through MANY parts, dollars, and years... then first day in this place and VIOLA!

It was epic...

-crisp

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
honestabe;1259390 said:
See, this is why I love SM.

No doubt. The knowledge base in here is stupifying! There is SO MUCH that I can't even begin to apply yet... but in my progression, will come back to as I reach those milestones.

Awesome community.

-crisp

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
Hey! :) Welcome back, man! Haven't seen you around for quite a while. Your car is gorgeous.

If it makes you feel any better, I got bit by the bug again recently. Hadn't REALLY worked on the Supra in nearly 2 years.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
shaeff;1262932 said:
Hey! :) Welcome back, man! Haven't seen you around for quite a while. Your car is gorgeous.

If it makes you feel any better, I got bit by the bug again recently. Hadn't REALLY worked on the Supra in nearly 2 years.

Hey, thanks!:biglaugh:

I've got the itch to be driving a REAL machine again SOOOO BAAAAD!!! The car was really coming back together (just getting it running... and basic maintenance stuff...) and now some more serious refreshments are necessary. Although this car has ALWAYS run like a raped ape... and been extremely reliable WITH 15psi since 21K miles on the clock when I got it over a dozen years ago... it just needs some of the wisdom of this board to bring some durability AND enhancements to it...

I still want over 450whp daily drivable... with a 500whp target, my dream. I'm so close, but need to rebuild the M/T or revert back to the HKS A/T, clutch again, drive shaft, Nash V2 shifter, stuck valve, CT 60-1 or SP61, ex mani helicoiled, DP w/ elbow, fuel upgrade, and to install and sort out the HKS AIC that's on it's way...:naughty:

...heck, when I start thinking about it... I just wanna rob a BRINKS TRUCK!:evil2:

Vol. II

Good to be back.

-crisp

suprahero

naughty by nature
Staff member
Aug 26, 2005
Roll Tide
p1267647_1.jpg

Negative Maverick, the pattern is full..........:icon_bigg

All the pretty lights reminds me of a plane...........looks cool though.

crisp

May 25, 2007
Ohio
suprahero;1267647 said:
p1267656_1.jpg

Negative Maverick, the pattern is full..........:icon_bigg

All the pretty lights reminds me of a plane...........looks cool though.

:biglaugh:

Honestly, a good run through the gears is SOOO MUUUCH like taking off in a plane off a runway... the comparison goes beyond the visual. I may only be closing in on the 400hp range, but that's actually enough to give the effect!:D

"That's affirmative crisp-one, the pattern is now open!!!"

-crisp