Cressida VS Supra

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
If you look up the part numbers for the camshafts, that might help too. The intake does not have ACIS, that is correct. And a more restrictive exhaust.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
yeah, cressidas suck. dont buy one. ps the 7mge is in the 89-92 cressida. so unless someone swapped one into the 88 cressida you found for 500 bucks, it not a 7m.

N

NDBoost

Toycoma said:
yeah, cressidas suck. dont buy one. ps the 7mge is in the 89-92 cressida. so unless someone swapped one into the 88 cressida you found for 500 bucks, it not a 7m.
the GTE was available from 87-92, and according to the owner it does have a inline 6cyl thats "popular". Even if it wasnt the 7M it would be the 5M motor inthe cressida which still isnt a bad motor, i liked how it felt in a mk2 and its even more simple then the ever so famous 7M.

and explain to me why cressida's suck as a DD, state some facts. I need a car that will get me from A to B while my supra is down for a rebuild, after that the cressida will get parked :) honestly i dont care about features or luxury, i want something that goes from a to b without rod knock or a bhg :) I only need it for like 30 days lol

i want a dual carb M motor :(

Last edited by a moderator:

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
NDBoost said:
the GTE was available from 87-92, and according to the owner it does have a inline 6cyl thats "popular". Even if it wasnt the 7M it would be the 5M motor inthe cressida which still isnt a bad motor, i liked how it felt in a mk2 and its even more simple then the ever so famous 7M.
but the 7mge was only in the 89 - 92 cressida. 89 is the year the cressida chassis changed. mx73 is up to 88 and mx83 is 89 -92.

shaeff

Kurt is FTMFW x2!!!!
Staff member
Super Moderator
Mar 30, 2005
Around
JDM motors do NOT have more power than USDM motors. the AICS system is discussed in great detail over on www.mkiiitech.com

i believe that dr. jonez had the N/A intake manifold on one of his cars, and decided it's not worth the "gains." (maybe it was dean marcum?)

anyway...

-shaeff

cruzinbill

SC3TT
Jun 26, 2005
Arkansas
7mge's come in cressidas from 87 up to 92, by the way they dont suck they are just as quick as a na supra so if you turbo it wich is easy since it has a turbo intake already, it is quite easy.
Cressidas also share alot of suspension componets with the supra, cant remember all so i wont post those but search its there.
So really if you turbo a cressida wich is just as easy as turboing a NA supra it make a great sleeper and drifter.

Toycoma

Four Door Drifter
Apr 2, 2005
new jersey
cruzinbill said:
7mge's come in cressidas from 87 up to 92, by the way they dont suck they are just as quick as a na supra so if you turbo it wich is easy since it has a turbo intake already, it is quite easy.
Cressidas also share alot of suspension componets with the supra, cant remember all so i wont post those but search its there.
So really if you turbo a cressida wich is just as easy as turboing a NA supra it make a great sleeper and drifter.
no, the 7mge comes in the 89 - 92 cressida not 87. 87 is the mx73 chassis and has a 5mge. www.toyotacressida.met I also know a guy who has an 87 MX73 cressida and threw two rods through the block. It was a 5mge. check out www.toyotacressida.met if you don't believe me. and the mx83 cressida shares no suspension parts with the MK III supra. the rears are similar but the front is totally diffrent. the MX73 and MX83 share the same type of front suspension which is the same on the MK II from my understanding. not sure if the mx73 shares identical or similar rear suspension as the MK II supra though.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
shaeff said:
JDM motors do NOT have more power than USDM motors. the AICS system is discussed in great detail over on www.mkiiitech.com

i believe that dr. jonez had the N/A intake manifold on one of his cars, and decided it's not worth the "gains." (maybe it was dean marcum?)

anyway...

-shaeff
It was Dean. He said the system didnt work correctly. The vaccum resevoir probably doesnt function right under positive pressure. You would need a one way valve fabricated, then it would be worth it.

The MX83 has struts, the MA70 has SLA suspension. The cars are similar, but not shared platforms.

by the way they dont suck they are just as quick as a na supra so
So two cars that weigh nearly the same but one has a tall 4 speed and 3.91 rear against a shorter 5 speed and 4.30 rear acclerate the same huh?:nuts:

lagged

1991 1JZ
Mar 30, 2005
new rochelle
drjonez experimented with this also, i clearly remember seeing pictures of his brown car with the NA intake setup. i remember reading somewhere that it MIGHT be worth it if you got on a dyno and could control when the butterfly opened.

Nick M

Black Rifles Matter
Sep 9, 2005
U.S.
www.ebay.com
I dont believe positive pressure was ever intended with the vaccum switching valve. I believe it could work with stand alone control, but those are all for the GTE that I have seen. Perhaps a solenoid?