Cressida issues

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
OK,I have an '84 Cressida,5mge.I have been having a weird starting problem with it.If the car is warm it starts good,but when you go to start it in the morning it cranks over for a good 30 seconds before it starts,but if it sits for more than a day it fires up as soon as you bump the key.It only starts hard in the morning,and only if I drive it every day.Haven't found anything out of spec (went through TSRM)Any suggestions?

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
RiyadYar;1198488 said:
maybe bad starter?

It cranks over just fine,just doesn't fire right away.Only does it after sitting ~6hrs,until ~24 hrs, before or after that time span it starts right up just fine.

7mgt-66e

Jul 14, 2007
san pedro, ca
Every motor needs three things to run:compression, spark, and fuel. I know it's not compression. When it's dead, check for spark and fuel. This way you can narrow it down to which system. Start there. Your fuel pump or ignitor may be acting up in those situations.

toy fanatic78

addicted to toy's
Oct 17, 2008
Elkhart,IN
7mgt-66e;1198661 said:
Every motor needs three things to run:compression, spark, and fuel. I know it's not compression. When it's dead, check for spark and fuel. This way you can narrow it down to which system. Start there. Your fuel pump or ignitor may be acting up in those situations.

Compression is good on all cylinders.Have 37 psi at ign on/35psi at idle.Nice,fat blue spark.I'm gonna check my cold start time switch and injector again tomorrow(thinking maybe a bad connection)it's only been doing it at temps under ~60 degrees. I will post a video if I can't figure it out by this weekend(finished building my header today,have a full 2 1/2" exhaust to install,so it will be in the garage anyways)Thanks for the help