Crazy's 83 P-Type aka "Hot Tamally"

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
So I just picked up a MK2 Supra with a 7M-GTE swapped into it, the engine runs great but the original owner could never get it boosting so he gave up and sold it to me :evil2: I'm planning for just over 300 WHP which is like 3 times more than I have ever driven before so I think I will be happy with that number for at least a little while :icon_roll

Current Specs.

Toiko Shocks
Ebaich Springs
7M-GTE
Rebuilt CT26 - Kinetic
2mm Cometic Metal HG
Arp Studs
Walbro 255
2.5" Intercooler piping & ebay intercooler
3" downpipe/Exhaust, 3" High Flow CAT and Magnaflow Exhaust
NGK plugs & wires

Future/Comming Specs
AEM Wideband AFR
Apexi NEO SAFC
HKS SSQV
HKS Intake
HKS Turbo Timer
EBAY FPR
Blue Silicon Redone Vacuum lines
Hopefully passing Aircare and Drving by March 20th :1zhelp:

My Cars
mg2130jj7.jpg

By crazytycoon

mg2124sh9.jpg

By crazytycoon

so here is another shot of the 77 during the summer

dsc02970pk9.jpg

By crazytycoon

Couple of shots from the prev owner who did the swap...there are quite a few changes from now, the cam tower covers are painted black and also the 3000...sort of wish he hadn't...oh well.

Original Engine Bay from previous owner
24925730038largene1.jpg

By crazytycoon

24925730040largeht7.jpg

By crazytycoon

Current Engine Bay
img2601ch3.jpg

By crazytycoon

Sweet Sounding 3" Exhaust
mg2132vc5.jpg

By crazytycoon

Last edited:

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
arizzle;1247070 said:
looking good man! were did you find this car? i never saw this for sale or i would've bought it! :)

Its was on craigs list twice in maple ridge...I tried to buy it the first time and he backed out and tried to keep it and get it going, then the second time he gave in.

RockPaperSwoRD;1247067 said:
beautiful cars, do you have any plans for the yellow celica? ive always wanted a track car old skool celica with a 1 or 2jz

The 77 is going to get a 7M-GTE in it after I go through all the learning on the 83 and its going to be a street car....but the rally wheels do bring up a part of me that would love to go get dirty dirty:naughty:

arizzle

Lov'in the boost.
Nov 1, 2006
burnaby, BC
Crazy_Tycoon;1247081 said:
Its was on craigs list twice in maple ridge...I tried to buy it the first time and he backed out and tried to keep it and get it going, then the second time he gave in.

haha nice nice, great buy! i sold my old turbo to a guy with a red mk2 like yours from maple ridge.

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
arizzle;1247101 said:
haha nice nice, great buy! i sold my old turbo to a guy with a red mk2 like yours from maple ridge.

Well than I probably have your turbo on my car, I'm pretty sure he was the only one with the mk2 7mgte in maple ridge...lots of people around town were asking me if it was his car while I was cruising around, all shaking their heads saying it was such a shame he couldn't figure it out.

Moy;1247095 said:
what type of differential are you going to be using in your p-type?

I was told that it has a 3.7:1 LSD. I have reciepts that show 4.1:1. So I'll just have to figure that out another time...its going to be a street car mostly so I'd like the 3.7:1

mattsplat72

is sofa king
Jan 17, 2006
Sedro Woolley, Washington, United States
Nice,really nice. Welcome to the forum I really like the fastback as well. What engine is in it ? I hope to see you at some of the " local" meets. I usually have a late summer/early fall meet and greet with a cruise to MT Baker. You should come this year.

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
DreamerTheresa;1251649 said:
psst! If you're referring to the Latin food with "Hot Tamally," it's spelled "tamale." :)

yes I love the Latin food, but I can't spell worth a darn anyways...good to know...now if only I could take over the world and make everyone spell everything the way that I spell then I would never be wrong.

mattsplat72;1251662 said:
Nice,really nice. Welcome to the forum I really like the fastback as well. What engine is in it ? I hope to see you at some of the " local" meets. I usually have a late summer/early fall meet and greet with a cruise to MT Baker. You should come this year.

7M-GTE, it is nice, but it just sits in my driveway :3d_frown: I'm not taking it out until I get it boosting rite. then its low and slow:icon_bigg

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
DETONATION666;1251719 said:
Cool car get some vids up of you tattooing the streets with that shizz

so everybody likes the vids huh....well, I'll be putting up a ton of vids when I get the car boosting....sooo...how about some help getting it boosting?????? LOL:sarcasm:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
how about tell us what happens when you try to boost? then maybe we can help you figure it out. does it have a intercooler? the i/c pipe to the 3000 pipe is piped wierd. most go through the fender.. most likley if it wont build boost is there is a loose or split i/c pipe coupler somewhere, most likely the one right off of the turbo itself.

Last edited:

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
Mk3runner;1251924 said:
boost leak like williamb82 said. check all ic pipes. sounds strange too. more info!

Details.....when I run it up to boost 1psi the engine cuts out and comes back after I let off the throttle....you can hear it in the engine video....car pulls hard when driving without boosting.

williamb82;1251904 said:
how about tell us what happens when you try to boost? then maybe we can help you figure it out. does it have a intercooler? the i/c pipe to the 3000 pipe is piped wierd. most go through the fender.. most likley if it wont build boost is there is a loose or splie i/c pipe coupler somewhere, most likely the one right off of the turbo itself.

yah its plumed funny, I have pressurized it up to 14 psi (using my air compressor) and there is some boost leak but nothing crazy....and I'm working through that by tightining up clamps (have some new t Clamps on the way)

I have to rewire the check engine light becuase it doesn't come on with the ignition turned to on, I've jumped the diagnostic box and it does not light up then either.

After a lot of responses today on CelicaSupra I know I have to rework my PCV and also get my BOV converted to recirc, I have a HKS SSQV with a recirc adapter on its way. The BOV not recirculating is the apparent reason for the puff of smoke and the stall because the engine is flooding.

I don't think either of these will solve my fuel cut situation though.(but humbly admit that I may be largly mistaken)...and I think I need the error codes to work through that problem...so i'm just stuck until I get my check engine light rewired.....which I'll do tonight :biglaugh:

williamb82

Apr 24, 2005
Tampa, Fl.
if you pressureized it to 14psi and hear a boost leak, FIX IT! theres your prob. that will cause all sorts of goofy things. also, is this thing still on the stock fuel pump? if so you need to get a 255lph pump. and for the bov being vented. so what. my greddy type s has been vented for years and i never had issues with stalling after letting off the gas or a puff of smoke. if the bov is adjusted right it shouldnt be an issue. also, if your pcv isnt plumbed right that could be an issue as well. there should be no leaks at all after the afm to the engine. the intake tract MUST be leak free. only time any air should escape is when the throttle is let off under boost and if the bov is adjusted right itll have no isses.

GrimJack

Administrator
Dec 31, 1969
Richmond, BC, Canada
idriders.com
Sounds like you're hitting fuel cut - get that CEL fixed - or look up how to connect to the DIAG block and count the pulses on a meter, so you can check for codes.

What wiring / ecu are you using to run this?

Crazy_Tycoon

Jan 29, 2009
Abbotsford BC
williamb82;1252333 said:
if you pressureized it to 14psi and hear a boost leak, FIX IT! theres your prob. that will cause all sorts of goofy things. also, is this thing still on the stock fuel pump? if so you need to get a 255lph pump. and for the bov being vented. so what. my greddy type s has been vented for years and i never had issues with stalling after letting off the gas or a puff of smoke. if the bov is adjusted right it shouldnt be an issue. also, if your pcv isnt plumbed right that could be an issue as well. there should be no leaks at all after the afm to the engine. the intake tract MUST be leak free. only time any air should escape is when the throttle is let off under boost and if the bov is adjusted right itll have no isses.

I'm working on fixing the boost leak, just waiting for parts to show up...gosh I hate waiting for parts to show up. It has a walbro 255lph pump inline, but no fuel filter so I've got to put that inline as well.

Last night I was working through some of the vacume line tubing and I noticed that the FPR was not like the TSRM shows at all.

http://www.cygnusx1.net/Supra/Library/TSRM/MK3/manual.aspx?S=FI&P=82

the FPR vacuum line and the outlet do not line up and it was installed not at the same angle as the TSRM shows...I tried to line up the vacuum and inlet but it wouldn't budge, could that be part of the problem ?

I'll get the CEL hopefully wired up tonight...got distracted by wacked out vacuum line connections last night.