Crazy MK4 deal. I think?

Status
Not open for further replies.

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
What do u guys mean by scams? its not a internet sell. unless there is something wrong with the car. looks like a private sell too.

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
They were talking about this car on SF in the Canadian Section, a few people have tried calling about it to see if it is a scam and all they get is an answering machine. The phone number is a Nevada number but it's listed that it's in Timmins, it just doesn't add up and a car that has over 700hp is going to be selling for alot more than that. Even if he has to sell it quickly, he could list it for alot more and get it.

Stupid scammers.

Charlie97L

Jul 16, 2005
Clarksburg, MD
If it's in canada, it might be a RHD car and not be registerable in the US without a major headache... who knows. I would hope that someone with that much money to throw around would know the difference between "to many' and "too many".

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
Charlie97L said:
If it's in canada, it might be a RHD car and not be registerable in the US without a major headache... who knows. I would hope that someone with that much money to throw around would know the difference between "to many' and "too many".

It's to new to be a RHD car that has been registered up here. Has to be at least 15 years old, if not older. This is a scam, plain and simple.

L

lanky189

how many times are we gonna see these threads about these scams?

macsupra76

May 17, 2005
Calgary AB
:nono: UPDATE :nono: ,
Just got a reply from the "seller", its a scam!, u guys are right. In the ad it reads he is selling the Supra because he is getting married, but the email say's he is selling it because he is moving to Dublin. Any ways here is a copy of my email and his reply:

Hi Maciek ,

First of all I want to tell you that the car is still available and the price of 6,000 USD includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you wont have to pay any extra charges. The car looks like new, it has never been scratched or wrecked. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I'm selling it because I've just moved to Dublin, Ireland and I can't drive it here because has left hand drive, and all the cars here have right hand drive so for me this car is useless. I hope that you will understand my situation. E-mail me back if you are interested. Keep me posted.
Thank You !
Rob

--- On Sat 10/15, Maciej Burzynski < maciekburzynski@yahoo.ca > wrote:

From: Maciej Burzynski [mailto: maciekburzynski@yahoo.ca]
To: roberto3710@myway .com
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: supra

Nice ride. What happen to the engine? why did u rebuild it? Were are
u located? I'm emailing from Calgary.
Thanks

Maciek Burzynski

Loki

The Future is Unwritten
Mar 30, 2005
Prince George, B.C.
macsupra76 said:
:nono: UPDATE :nono: ,
Just got a reply from the "seller", its a scam!, u guys are right. In the ad it reads he is selling the Supra because he is getting married, but the email say's he is selling it because he is moving to Dublin. Any ways here is a copy of my email and his reply:

Hi Maciek ,

First of all I want to tell you that the car is still available and the price of 6,000 USD includes all the shipping costs and insurance, so you wont have to pay any extra charges. The car looks like new, it has never been scratched or wrecked. It will come with a clear title, bill of sale signed by me as well and all the papers (including the original manuals and keys) that you will need to register it under your name. I'm selling it because I've just moved to Dublin, Ireland and I can't drive it here because has left hand drive, and all the cars here have right hand drive so for me this car is useless. I hope that you will understand my situation. E-mail me back if you are interested. Keep me posted.
Thank You !
Rob

--- On Sat 10/15, Maciej Burzynski < maciekburzynski@yahoo.ca > wrote:

From: Maciej Burzynski [mailto: maciekburzynski@yahoo.ca]
To: roberto3710@myway .com
Date: Sat, 15 Oct 2005 10:58:20 -0400 (EDT)
Subject: supra

Nice ride. What happen to the engine? why did u rebuild it? Were are
u located? I'm emailing from Calgary.
Thanks

Maciek Burzynski

I could have told you it was a scam before you got that email.

L

lanky189

ok...no more threads about these AWESOME DEALS on cars... this is like the 3rd one in a month

L

lanky189

you really think a supra owner will fall for that shit anyway?

GAH! I HATE THIS THREAD! ENOUGH TALK ABOUT THIS STUPID SCAM!

Status
Not open for further replies.